src not created

Bimi124

Hi,

I'm going to create my first mod with forge. The only problem is: After building my project (no error messages) there was no src/ folder to work in. I looked at the root direcory with both IntelliJ and Windows Explorer (show hidden files is enabled) but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for :(

I used the 1.16.5-36.1.0 mdk (copy the gradle folder, the buildscript, "gradlew", "gradle.properties" and "gradlew.bat" just like the description in the docs told me, replace "com.example.examplemod" and "examplemod" in the build file).

I imported my folder by right-clicking and selecting "open Folder as IntelliJ Idea Community Edition Project". The project wasn't edited until building and indexing finished.

There's nothing to build if you don't have/have not created any sources. You have to create a mod in java before you can build it.

Extract the MDK and copy everything you copied, plus the src folder, and don't edit out the examplemod stuff out, and you will be able to build the example mod without writing your own code.

8 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

Extract the MDK and copy everything you copied, plus the src folder, and don't edit out the examplemod stuff out, and you will be able to build the example mod without writing your own code.

Well, I don't want to call it examplemod and my name is not example. It looked like I was supposed to do it like I told dieseben07... I just followed the steps in the docs. Was I wrong?

Just now, Bimi124 said:

Well, I don't want to call it examplemod and my name is not example. It looked like I was supposed to do it like I told dieseben07... I just followed the steps in the docs. Was I wrong?

Not wrong, just not finished. Until you create a class with the Mod annotation, there is no mod, and it does not build your src/package/directory structure for you. Without those things, there is nothing to build.

My suggestion would be start with checking out the examplemod src and seeing how it is set up, and making it run.

• Thanks 1