1.16.5 mod server :"main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment"

scro_oge

C:\Users\xyc\Desktop\F16s>java -Xmx20480M -Xms20480M -jar server0.jar nogui
2021-04-28 16:45:20,198 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment
[16:45:20] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.1.0, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui]
[16:45:20] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 16.0.1 by Oracle Corporation
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler (in unnamed module @0x4c6e276e) cannot access class sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.util to unnamed module @0x4c6e276e
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:41)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.LamdbaExceptionUtils.uncheck(LamdbaExceptionUtils.java:95)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:41)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.lambda$new$6(Launcher.java:55)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1708)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:52)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:47)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Environment.computePropertyIfAbsent(Environment.java:62)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:55)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.runLauncher(ServerMain.java:63)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.access$100(ServerMain.java:60)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:57)

Get this message when try to install forge server.

16 minutes ago, scro_oge said:

get this now when try to reinstall forge

wtf.PNG

fix by uninstall all jdk and jre, then reinstall.

but I still get this when try to launch the server

2021-04-28 17:12:49,890 main WARN Advanced terminal features are not available in this environment
[17:12:49] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.1.0, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui]
[17:12:49] [main/INFO] [cp.mo.mo.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 16.0.1 by Oracle Corporation
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler (in unnamed module @0x4c6e276e) cannot access class sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.security.util to unnamed module @0x4c6e276e
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.lambda$static$1(SecureJarHandler.java:41)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.LamdbaExceptionUtils.uncheck(LamdbaExceptionUtils.java:95)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.SecureJarHandler.<clinit>(SecureJarHandler.java:41)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.lambda$new$6(Launcher.java:55)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1708)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:52)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.api.TypesafeMap.computeIfAbsent(TypesafeMap.java:47)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Environment.computePropertyIfAbsent(Environment.java:62)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:55)
        at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:66)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.runLauncher(ServerMain.java:63)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain$Runner.access$100(ServerMain.java:60)
        at net.minecraftforge.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:57)

I do not believe your issue has to do with the warning about advanced terminal features, rather I think it may be due to using Java 16.

Try it using Java 8, which is the version MC uses, although I think I saw something somewhere saying forge works with up to Java 15.

31 minutes ago, scro_oge said:

C:\Users\xyc\Desktop\F16s>java -Xmx20480M -Xms20480M -jar server0.jar nogui

Also, make sure you are running the forge jar, hard to tell since your commandline says "server0.jar". I would advise against renaming the forge jar to some arbitrary name.

1 minute ago, Ugdhar said:

I do not believe your issue has to do with the warning about advanced terminal features, rather I think it may be due to using Java 16.

Try it using Java 8, which is the version MC uses, although I think I saw something somewhere saying forge works with up to Java 15.

JDK 15? cause I installed jre 8 but then I cant even open jar files

3 minutes ago, scro_oge said:

JDK 15? cause I installed jre 8 but then I cant even open jar files

If you're just running java programs, you only need the JRE. If you can't open jar files after installing Java 8, it's probably messed up file associations. Can't tell for sure without seeing a log or error message.

12 minutes ago, Ugdhar said:

If you're just running java programs, you only need the JRE. If you can't open jar files after installing Java 8, it's probably messed up file associations. Can't tell for sure without seeing a log or error message.

holy shit , install jdk 15 actually worked, thx bro

• 4 months later...
On 4/28/2021 at 11:39 AM, scro_oge said:

holy shit , install jdk 15 actually worked, thx bro

mind saying what you did to get it installed, I have done so much research on to getting it installed, I broke down and made an account with oracle (they will find out and probably terminate my account since my business is 0 and alot of other things are 0 even my address) I installed jdk 15, went through clean but I check my cmd it still shows I'm on java version 16.1, but curiously enough it does not show my jdk version which I am frustrated to understand why. Every time I run the server I still get the same error messages as you did in the beginning of this thread. I went as far even before using the installed to change and add things in the environment directory to no avail.

Please clarify what you did to get this working. Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2021 at 2:51 AM, TheSnowMexican said:

mind saying what you did to get it installed, I have done so much research on to getting it installed, I broke down and made an account with oracle (they will find out and probably terminate my account since my business is 0 and alot of other things are 0 even my address) I installed jdk 15, went through clean but I check my cmd it still shows I'm on java version 16.1, but curiously enough it does not show my jdk version which I am frustrated to understand why. Every time I run the server I still get the same error messages as you did in the beginning of this thread. I went as far even before using the installed to change and add things in the environment directory to no avail.

Please clarify what you did to get this working. Thanks

Go to the control panel -> programs -> uninstall programs, there will be the the different versions of Java se development kit like 15 and 16.1 uninstall the 16.1 development kit that you have installed then try. this worked for me