teleporting players between dimensions and to new location with command

endershadow

I'm able to teleport the player when they collide with a block, but when I use the same method (or similar) with custom commands and/or a tick handler, it doesn't work. and by doesn't work, I mean it does absolutely nothing. any help would be appreciated. here's the relevant code.

https://github.com/code-lyoko-modding/CodeLyokoMod/blob/master/matt/lyoko/handlers/ServerTickHandler.java

https://github.com/code-lyoko-modding/CodeLyokoMod/blob/master/matt/lyoko/handlers/CommandHandler.java

the variables in PlayerInformation are being stored and retrieved correctly btw.

Here's the code I use with an item, if this helps:

public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer)
    {
        if (par3EntityPlayer instanceof EntityPlayerMP)
        {
            WorldServer worldserver = (WorldServer)par2World;
            EntityPlayerMP var4 = (EntityPlayerMP)par3EntityPlayer;

if (par3EntityPlayer.ridingEntity == null && par3EntityPlayer.riddenByEntity == null && par3EntityPlayer instanceof EntityPlayer && var4.dimension != Registration.dimID)
            {
                var4.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(var4, Registration.dimID, new TutorialTeleporter(worldserver));
            }
            if (par3EntityPlayer.ridingEntity == null && par3EntityPlayer.riddenByEntity == null && par3EntityPlayer instanceof EntityPlayer && var4.dimension == Registration.dimID)
            {
                var4.mcServer.getConfigurationManager().transferPlayerToDimension(var4, 0, new TutorialTeleporter(worldserver));
            }
        }
        return par1ItemStack;
    }

set a breakpoint at the player.dimension = pi.scannerDim;

Line and see that it executes correctly, then after the player.setPositionAndRotation() is done, check what cordinates the player really is at, did it the player object's coords change?

also I haven't used Player information before, but "pi.getScannerPosX()" is this the X pos you want him to end up at or the location he currently is at? Just wondering since I have no idea what it is ;)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

set a breakpoint at the player.dimension = pi.scannerDim;

Line and see that it executes correctly, then after the player.setPositionAndRotation() is done, check what cordinates the player really is at, did it the player object's coords change?

also I haven't used Player information before, but "pi.getScannerPosX()" is this the X pos you want him to end up at or the location he currently is at? Just wondering since I have no idea what it is ;)

for the most part this works. all I had to do was send a packet. but my new problem, is that I don't change dimensions when I teleport. I have to log-out and then log back in to be in the correct dimension. and pi.getScannerPosX() gives the target x coordinate.

EDIT: I've also tried "player.travelToDimension(pi.ScannerDim);" and it teleports me to the correct dimension, but it then teleports me to the nether. I can't figure out why.