When should the Capability system be used?

Zemelua

I use a translator, so I'm sorry if my English is unnatural.

Well, as the title says, I'm pretty sure I understand what Capability is, but there are a few things I don't understand.

-Is it correct to understand that Capability is for holding arbitrary data by associating it with an object such as a player or TileEntity?

-In many cases, it seems recommended to use Capability instead of implementing IInventory when creating a TileEntity with an inventory, why? What are the drawbacks of implementing Vanilla's I Inventory and what are the benefits of using Capability?

-Although it overlaps a little with the second question, when implementing Magic Point in Player, of course it is not possible to rewrite the Vanilla Player class, so it is necessary to link the player and Magic Point instance using Capability. I understand that. But should I use Capability for new entity and tile entities as well? Is it even a very simple inheritance of Vanilla's ChestTileEntity?