Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[SOLVED] 1.16.5 Completely stop Entity from moving

Posted (edited)

Is there a way to completely stop an entity from moving (including head, limbs...) for a certain amount of time? I have an effect that should freeze the entities. If i set their motion to 0 they can still move their legs or head. That effect is my effect and it should be able to be applied to all enemies.

Edited by DietmarKracht
17 minutes ago, DietmarKracht said:

I don't think so, cuz i would need to modify vanilla entities for that.

there is an event (EntityEvent.CanUpdate)

• Sad 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DietmarKracht said:

I don't think so, cuz i would need to modify vanilla entities for that.

Well yeah. Ticking is handled internally by the entities that's called from some function. The method was added by forge so the entity can be updated to not tick hence it can't do anything. So, yes, the method I provided should work as intended.

Edited by ChampionAsh5357
  • DietmarKracht changed the title to [SOLVED] 1.16.5 Completely stop Entity from moving

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Old versions of forge are no longer supported, you will need to update to receive support. There banner at the top of most pages on these forums tell which versions are supported.
    • You only need to make 1 post when you have an issue; multiple posts don't help.
    • Please post your latest log from attempting to launch the game, it should tell us what's going on.
    • i currently try to find out how the world gen works, at the moment im working on a structure but i have some problems with the generation. i use this  as an example, i created everything for the generation, but the structure is not generating this is my structure this is the structure registry this is my world load event and this my biome loading event thanks for replies
    • I'm currently trying to make a new cauldron-type block, and I'm having difficulty implementing blockstates. Here's the relevant part of the alchemical cauldron's code:   public class AlchemicalCauldronBlock extends Block { public static final IntegerProperty LEVEL = IntegerProperty.create("level", 1, 3); private static final VoxelShape INSIDE = box(2.0D, 4.0D, 2.0D, 14.0D, 16.0D, 14.0D); protected static final VoxelShape SHAPE = VoxelShapes.join(VoxelShapes.block(), VoxelShapes.or(box(0.0D, 0.0D, 4.0D, 16.0D, 3.0D, 12.0D), box(4.0D, 0.0D, 0.0D, 12.0D, 3.0D, 16.0D), box(2.0D, 0.0D, 2.0D, 14.0D, 3.0D, 14.0D), INSIDE), IBooleanFunction.ONLY_FIRST); public AlchemicalCauldronBlock() { super(Properties.of(Material.METAL).sound(SoundType.METAL).harvestLevel(3).strength(2F,2F)); // this.registerDefaultState(this.stateDefinition.any().setValue(LEVEL, 0)); // this.registerDefaultState(this.stateDefinition.any().setValue(LEVEL, Integer.valueOf(0))); } ... When I try to run this with either of the two attempts at registerDefaultState uncommented, I get this error: https://pastebin.com/vPf3UryC. For convenience, I believe this part is most relevant: How can I avoid this? My registry classes look like this, if it helps: public class registry { public static final DeferredRegister<Block> BLOCKS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.BLOCKS, AlchemyPlus.MODID); public static final DeferredRegister<Item> ITEMS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.ITEMS, AlchemyPlus.MODID); public static void register() { IEventBus modEventBus = FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus(); BLOCKS.register(modEventBus); ITEMS.register(modEventBus); registerItems.register(); registerBlocks.register(); } } public class registerBlocks { public static final RegistryObject<Block> ALCHEMICAL_CAULDRON = register("alchemical_cauldron", AlchemicalCauldronBlock::new); static void register() {} private static <T extends Block> RegistryObject<T> registerNoItem(String name, Supplier<T> block) { return registry.BLOCKS.register(name, block); } private static <T extends Block> RegistryObject<T> register(String name, Supplier<T> block) { RegistryObject<T> ret = registerNoItem(name, block); registry.ITEMS.register(name, () -> new BlockItem(ret.get(), new Item.Properties().tab(ItemGroup.TAB_BREWING))); return ret; } } Full GitHub repository available here.   (Other minor problem(?):  I copied the methods getShape and getInteractionShape from net.minecraft.block.CauldronBlock and I'm getting these weird warnings. What's up with that? Do I need to worry about it?)  
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.