[1.16.5] Spawn in custom dimension after creating a new world

PianoManu

Hey guys, I made a custom dimension and everything is working completely fine (like world-generation, entering and exiting the dimension via portal block, respawning in the dimension, etc.), so I had the idea that after creating a new world, the player would start directly in my dimension instead of in the overworld. How could I achieve this?

Thanks in advance, and kind regards, Manu :)

Edit: if you need my github repository, here it is!

Edited by PianoManu

Hey, thank you very much for your tip!

Your approach was very veeeeeery helpful. That gave me a good idea and it works now, although I've chosen a slightly different way. This is how I solved the problem: At first I took a look into the PlayerEvent class (which is highly documentated, special thanks to whoever did that - it is unfortunately not very common), so I had the idea to search for some sort of "WorldEvent" class and check, whether it contains some useful events, and tah-dah, it contains a static class "WorldEvent.Load", where I can get an IWorld-instance, that features a player list. (The WorldEvent class is also documented pretty well, thanks again, you've made it easy for me!) I concluded, that I have to listen for both events, since I need the world (with the player list) and the player entity (to check, whether he is already registered in said list. The exact code looks like this:

@SubscribeEvent
    public void playerLogginIn(final PlayerEvent.PlayerLoggedInEvent event) { //listen for "logging in"-event
        ServerPlayerEntity player = (ServerPlayerEntity) event.getPlayer();
        if (!world.players().contains(player)) { //check whether the player (who is logging in) is already listed in the list of players on this world
            ServerWorld deepDark = player.server.getLevel(DDDMain.DEEP_DARK_DIMENSION); //if it's not the case (i.e. the player is new to this world), we need to teleport the player to this dimension instead
            if (deepDark != null) {
                DDDTeleporter teleporter = new DDDTeleporter(DDDConfig.SPAWN_POS);
                teleporter.setOverworldTeleporterPos(player.blockPosition());
                player.setPos(DDDConfig.SPAWN_POS.getX(), DDDConfig.SPAWN_POS.getY(), DDDConfig.SPAWN_POS.getZ());
                player.changeDimension(deepDark, teleporter);
            }
        }
    }

@SubscribeEvent
    public void playerLoadsWorld(final WorldEvent.Load event) { //is called before "playerLoggingIn", so we can collect the world the player is joining
        world = event.getWorld(); //world is a private static IWorld-variable
    }

After that, I registered this class to the MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS in my Main class between "enqueueIMC" and "processIMC". I hope this was correct, I'm not quite sure where to put it, but it's working, so I think it should be okay. (Pls correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks again to you @ChampionAsh5357 for your helpful tip ❤️ 

Kind regards, Manu