[1.16] What to use in lieu of 'setRotationAngles'?

eafooe

I am trying to update my mod from 1.14.x to 1.16.5 and have experienced no difficulties except for the (seemingly?) absence of this method. I have a nose item that can be equipped by players in the head slot. Depending on the player's proximity to emerald ore, the item will start moving up and down on the player's face (i.e., the nose starts to wiggle). Previously, I just overrode the setRotationAngles method to make the nose wiggle, however, it looks like this method is no longer around and I can't find any documentation on the best programming practices to re-implement this feature. Any insight would be helpful. 

This is my code for 1.14:

@OnlyIn(Dist.CLIENT)
public class ModelNose extends BipedModel<PlayerEntity> {
    private final RendererModel bipedNose;

public ModelNose() {
        this(0.0F, 0.0F, 8, 6);
    }

private ModelNose(float scaleFactor, float rotationY, int textureWidth, int textureHeight) {
        super(scaleFactor, rotationY, 0, 0);
        bipedNose = new RendererModel(this);
        bipedNose.setTextureSize(textureWidth, textureHeight);
        bipedNose.addBox(-1.0F, -1.0F, -6.0F, 2, 4, 2, scaleFactor);
        bipedNose.setRotationPoint(0.0F, rotationY - 2.0F, 0.0F);
        bipedHead.addChild(bipedNose);
    }

// If emerald ore is nearby, 'wiggle' the model by allowing its y-offset to bob up and down
    @Override
    public void setRotationAngles(PlayerEntity entity, float limbSwing, float limbSwingAmount, float ageInTicks, float netHeadYaw, float headPitch, float scale) {
        super.setRotationAngles(entity, limbSwing, limbSwingAmount, ageInTicks, netHeadYaw, headPitch, scale);
        // Trigonometry boo-yeah
        if (ItemNose.emeraldsAreNearby(entity.world, (int) entity.posX, (int) entity.posY, (int) entity.posZ)) {
            bipedNose.offsetY = MathHelper.cos((ageInTicks % 10) * (0.2F) * ((float) Math.PI)) * 0.03125F;
        }
    }
}

image.png

Edited by eafooe

• eafooe changed the title to [1.16] What to use in lieu of 'setRotationAngles'?

The method still exists, it's just under a different name. Forge was originally shipped using the MCP mapping set; however, it switch to mojmaps as of the 1.16.5 RB. So, fields/methods/parameters have different names now (classes will too in 1.17). You can use the forge-bot in the forge discord or the Linkie bot in the linkie discord to translate between the two mapping sets. In this case, the method is called 'setupAnim'.

13 hours ago, ChampionAsh5357 said:

The method still exists, it's just under a different name. Forge was originally shipped using the MCP mapping set; however, it switch to mojmaps as of the 1.16.5 RB. So, fields/methods/parameters have different names now (classes will too in 1.17). You can use the forge-bot in the forge discord or the Linkie bot in the linkie discord to translate between the two mapping sets. In this case, the method is called 'setupAnim'.

Awesome, thank you very much!