Creating a block gives error 1.16.5

DracoDoes

I'm trying to add a simple block for the first time in MineCraft Forge. I get following error:

Stacktrace:
    at com.mcexamples.examplemod.BlockSimple.<init>(BlockSimple.java:22) ~[mcexamples:1.0] {re:classloading}
-- MOD mcexamples --
Details:
    Mod File: mcexamples-1.0.jar
    Failure message: CrazyBoys Mod (mcexamples) encountered an error during the load_registries event phase
        java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: field_151573_f
    Mod Version: 1.0
    Mod Issue URL: NOT PROVIDED
    Exception message: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: field_151573_f
Stacktrace:
    at com.mcexamples.examplemod.BlockSimple.<init>(BlockSimple.java:22) ~[main/:?] {re:classloading}
    at com.mcexamples.examplemod.StartupCommon.registerBlocks(StartupCommon.java:34) ~[main/:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.eventbus.ASMEventHandler_1_StartupCommon_registerBlocks_Register.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?] {}

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.16.5
    Minecraft Version ID: 1.16.5
    Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
    Java Version: 1.8.0_291, Oracle Corporation

FML: 36.1
    Forge: net.minecraftforge:36.1.0
    FML Language Providers: 
        [email protected]
        minecraft@1

Block class :: I'm trying to simplify the Block as much as I can.

public class BlockSimple extends Block {

private static final String REGISTRY_NAME = "block_simple_registry_name.json";

public BlockSimple() {

super(AbstractBlock.Properties.of(Material.METAL));
                    //.sound(SoundType.METAL)
                    //.strength(2.0f));
                    //.lightLevel(state -> state.getValue(BlockStateProperties.POWERED) ? 14 : 0)
            //);
    }

@Nullable
        @Override
        public BlockState getStateForPlacement(BlockItemUseContext context) {
            return defaultBlockState().setValue(BlockStateProperties.FACING, context.getNearestLookingDirection().getOpposite());
        }

//in other class calling this Block as follows::

@SubscribeEvent
      public static void registerBlocks(RegistryEvent.Register<Block> event) {
         System.out.println("in register block of sc : " + event.getName() + "  reg name : " + event.getRegistry().getRegistryName());
          blockSimple1 = (BlockSimple) new BlockSimple().setRegistryName("mcexamples", "block_simple_registry_name");  //this line gives above error         

System.out.println("block registered :" + blockSimple1);
        event.getRegistry().register(blockSimple1);

Edited by DracoDoes

54 minutes ago, DracoDoes said:

Block class :: I'm trying to simplify the Block as much as I can.

Don't simplify. Provide an exact paste of the entire class. Simplification means you're filtering out code you think might not be relevant but might be actually causing the error. It's preferable if you can provide a repo to your codebase instead of just snippets though because the above error suggests that you're trying to refer to an unmapped field.

Please, for the love of god, don't just paste your code as plain text, it's painfull to try and read it. The forums has a tool that you can use to post code, it will even do syntax highliting, you just click on the angle brackets that show up on the top of the textarea you use to make the post (near the smiley)

Same goes for error logs, post them in something like gist or pastebin, or use the code thing, makes it waaay easier to read

Don't register your blocks through Registry Events, the preferred way is to use DeferredRegisters, you can find more info on it in the docs

It seems that you are trying to set some block state in getStateForPlacement, however your blocks has no block states, you need to set the defaultState in the constructor, and then override fillStateContainer, to "register" your states

If fixing the blockstate, and using DeferredRegisters doesn't solve your issue, post your build.gradle file

thanks for reply. I tried to use DeferredRegister to register blocks. Now, I get this error:

https://github.com/MacDax/McraftForge

Details:
	Mod File: mcexamples-1.0.jar
	Failure message: CrazyBoys Mod (mcexamples) encountered an error during the error event phase
		java.lang.NullPointerException: Registry Object not present: mcexamples:silver_block
	Mod Version: 1.0
	Mod Issue URL: NOT PROVIDED
	Exception message: java.lang.NullPointerException: Registry Object not present: mcexamples:silver_block

build.gradle

build.gradle

14 minutes ago, DracoDoes said:

I tried to use DeferredRegister to register blocks

This is still a registry event. You should also make your items use a deferred register.

By the way, what is this, why is it here, and why does it have a .json?
https://github.com/MacDax/McraftForge/blob/master/src/main/java/com/mcexamples/examplemod/BlockSimple.java#L22

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Still getting the same error. Added items and block and used DeferredRegistry to register the same. Commented out method with "subscribeEvent" annotation in "main" type class. But still the same error:

[21May2021 11:03:03.823] [Render thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLModContainer/LOADING]: Caught exception during event RegistryEvent.Register<minecraft:block> dispatch for modid mcexamples
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: field_151573_f
	at com.mcexamples.lists.BlockList.lambda$static$0(BlockList.java:19) ~[main/:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.registries.DeferredRegister.lambda$register$0(DeferredRegister.java:124) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.1.0_mapped_official_1.16.5-recomp.jar:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.registries.DeferredRegister.addEntries(DeferredRegister.java:200) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.1.0_mapped_official_1.16.5-recomp.jar:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.registries.DeferredRegister.access$000(DeferredRegister.java:61) ~[forge-1.16.5-36.1.0_mapped_official_1.16.5-recomp.jar:?]

[21May2021 11:03:03.977] [Render thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLModContainer/LOADING]: Caught exception during event RegistryEvent.Register<minecraft:item> dispatch for modid mcexamples
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: field_78037_j
	at com.mcexamples.lists.ItemList.lambda$static$0(ItemList.java:19) ~[main/:?]

https://github.com/MacDax/McraftForge

Thanks

Sonal

Just FYI:

This:
https://github.com/MacDax/McraftForge/blob/master/src/main/java/com/mcexamples/examplemod/ExampleMod.java#L46

This:
https://github.com/MacDax/McraftForge/blob/master/src/main/java/com/mcexamples/examplemod/ExampleMod.java#L65

And this:
https://github.com/MacDax/McraftForge/blob/master/src/main/java/com/mcexamples/examplemod/ExampleMod.java#L82

All do the same thing: register this class's annotated or otherwise indicated methods with a given event bus (of which there are two: line 46 and 65 are registering things with the mod bus, 82 is registering with the Forge bus; on top of that line 71 stores one of those busses (the mod bus) to a local variable despite having already said "fuck local variables" earlier on line 65 and again on 72).

Not to mention that half of the registered event methods do fucking nothing, like these:
https://github.com/MacDax/McraftForge/blob/master/src/main/java/com/mcexamples/examplemod/ExampleMod.java#L106-L111
https://github.com/MacDax/McraftForge/blob/master/src/main/java/com/mcexamples/examplemod/ExampleMod.java#L125-L143

Additionally, client code will crash the dedicated server:
https://github.com/MacDax/McraftForge/blob/master/src/main/java/com/mcexamples/examplemod/ExampleMod.java#L113-L123

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Let me try and help you with love spells, traditional healing, native healing, fortune telling, witchcraft, psychic readings, black magic, voodoo, herbalist healing, or any other service your may desire within the realm of african native healing, the spirits and the ancestors. I am a sangoma and healer. I could help you to connect with the ancestors , interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness. We facilitate the deepening of your relationship to the spirit world and the ancestors. Working in partnership with one\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s ancestors is a gift representing a close link with the spirit realm as a mediator between the worlds.*   Witchdoctors, or sorcerers, are often purveyors of mutis and charms that cause harm to people. we believe that we are here for only one purpose, to heal through love and compassion.*   African people share a common understanding of the importance of ancestors in daily life. When they have lost touch with their ancestors, illness may result or bad luck. Then a traditional healer, or sangoma, is sought out who may prescribe herbs, changes in lifestyle, a career change, or changes in relationships. The client may also be told to perform a ceremony or purification ritual to appease the ancestors.*   Let us solve your problems using powerful African traditional methods. We believe that our ancestors and spirits give us enlightenment, wisdom, divine guidance, enabling us to overcome obstacles holding your life back. Our knowledge has been passed down through centuries, being refined along the way from generation to generation. We believe in the occult, the paranormal, the spirit world, the mystic world.*   The services here are based on the African Tradition Value system/religion,where we believe the ancestors and spirits play a very important role in society. The ancestors and spirits give guidance and counsel in society. They could enable us to see into the future and give solutions to the problems affecting us. We use rituals, divination, spells, chants and prayers to enable us tackle the task before us.*   I have experience in helping and guiding many people from all over the world. My psychic abilities may help you answer and resolve many unanswered questions
    • Let me try and help you with love spells, traditional healing, native healing, fortune telling, witchcraft, psychic readings, black magic, voodoo, herbalist healing, or any other service your may desire within the realm of african native healing, the spirits and the ancestors. I am a sangoma and healer. I could help you to connect with the ancestors , interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness. We facilitate the deepening of your relationship to the spirit world and the ancestors. Working in partnership with one\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s ancestors is a gift representing a close link with the spirit realm as a mediator between the worlds.*   Witchdoctors, or sorcerers, are often purveyors of mutis and charms that cause harm to people. we believe that we are here for only one purpose, to heal through love and compassion.*   African people share a common understanding of the importance of ancestors in daily life. When they have lost touch with their ancestors, illness may result or bad luck. Then a traditional healer, or sangoma, is sought out who may prescribe herbs, changes in lifestyle, a career change, or changes in relationships. The client may also be told to perform a ceremony or purification ritual to appease the ancestors.*   Let us solve your problems using powerful African traditional methods. We believe that our ancestors and spirits give us enlightenment, wisdom, divine guidance, enabling us to overcome obstacles holding your life back. Our knowledge has been passed down through centuries, being refined along the way from generation to generation. We believe in the occult, the paranormal, the spirit world, the mystic world.*   The services here are based on the African Tradition Value system/religion,where we believe the ancestors and spirits play a very important role in society. The ancestors and spirits give guidance and counsel in society. They could enable us to see into the future and give solutions to the problems affecting us. We use rituals, divination, spells, chants and prayers to enable us tackle the task before us.*   I have experience in helping and guiding many people from all over the world. My psychic abilities may help you answer and resolve many unanswered questions

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.