A problem was found with the configuration of task ':createSrgToMcp' (type 'GenerateSRG').

MrMarnic

Hello,

when I try to run the runClient task to start Minecraft, I get this error:

A problem was found with the configuration of task ':createSrgToMcp' (type 'GenerateSRG').
> File 'E:\MinecraftMods\SchulMod\build\extractSrg\output.srg' specified for property 'srg' does not exist.

I hope you can help me. I am using Forge 1.16.5 - 36.1.25

I don't have an answer either. I just tried out the 1.16.3 MDK and it works flawlessly. It's only the 1.16.5 version thats gives this error everytime, no matter how many times I reinstall it.

Edited by MrMarnic

Not even that did fix it. But it seems like I am not the only one with this problem. 

Here is the same error https://mcreator.net/forum/73623/116-upgrade-not-working .

And here: https://mcreator.net/forum/75274/build-and-launch-errors-need-help

I really have no idea anymore. I just hope I won't get the error in 1.17 .

Edited by MrMarnic

I found the "solution" or better workaround. The runClient task works fine if the project directory is on the C drive. But on any other drive I am getting the error mentioned above.

This only happens on 1.16.5, so there must be something that changed with the paths or something idk.

Edited by MrMarnic

This should have nothing to do with the disc it's on. I constantly work on the Z drive and it works just fine.
Also, i would advise against using MCreator, as using a normal modding system is recommended so you actually understand what you're doing.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I am not using MCCreator. I just googled for the error message and found these posts.

But it is just like this. If the project is on the E drive I get the error. If it is C drive it works. 

Edited by MrMarnic

This could be, but in this post for example https://mcreator.net/forum/75274/build-and-launch-errors-need-help 

they say that they have the project on a flash drive and get same error.

And when it is really failing, why does it work for any other version?

Could it have something to do with the partitioning of the drive?

Edited by MrMarnic

@LexManos and @diesieben07 I have found the real reason for the error message. It was the formatting of drive.

Steps to reproduce (on Windows):

• Use a working drive/flash drive.
  • Format it with NTFS => put the project folder on it => everything works fine
  • Format it with ExFAT or FAT32 => put the project folder on it => I get the error message

I have tested it out with a working usb stick.

On NTFS => everything is working

ON FAT32/ExFat =>I get the error

I don't know why this is happening, but this seems to be the reason.

Edited by MrMarnic