Texture isn't appearing on custom armor model 1.16

Skullblade

I just finished coding all of the fun bits to create a custom model for my chestplate, but when I tested it, there was no texture. The texture png is in the right place and the armor java class refers to it, so I'm not sure what's going on. It's the only thing about the armor that doesn't work.

image.thumb.png.46fe45554c17a7407c6a46d59f5e0218.png

image.thumb.png.574aa4f4772b4094395421ccc605617f.png

image.thumb.png.fa675b3a3aa813937feae3b38df0d352.png

image.thumb.png.94f00c8baee8b992ed27c9beb552bce7.png

image.thumb.png.41a2e9748f96f1abb5737427ab262abf.png

image.thumb.png.3e55918cb5b0a415fbd936287bd2e3d7.png

29 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

you have to tell minecraft where to find the texture for your model
use this  as a practical example

See, I already tried telling Minecraft where the texture was in ArgentumChestplate.java, and that didn't work. I tried your method anyway, and I got the exact same results. Here's my new code.

image.thumb.png.c4fb8378e309a0ba25e6669a26df8800.png

58 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Not for textures which are used stand alone, you only need to do that if you need the texture to be part of a texture sheet.

You need to check TextureStitchEvent#getMap, otherwise you will stitch your texture on all texture atlases, which is not what you want.

@Skullblade Post a Git repo of your mod please.

I've never posted a Git repo before, so I don't know how to.

8 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Correct.

I'm not understanding how to push the repo (github has always been over my head). Are you sure there isn't something else I could provide you for help? No one else has needed a repo to help with my other problems before...

29 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Sorry, but I am not willing to stare at screenshots or pieces of code for ages trying to find that one stupid typo that you made and can't find yourself.

I've looked for over an hour trying to figure out how to push a repo to GitHub and the tutorials online do not make sense. So could you please explain how to push a repo, or look at the code to find this "stupid typo that I made and can't find myself" even though I don't know how to even apply a custom armor model to code in the first place so how could I know what is or isn't a typo, or could you find someone who can? I understand that looking at someone else's code is boring and often doesn't make sense, and I do want to make this work for both of us, but I can't post a repo of the mod until I understand how, and right now, I haven't the faintest clue what to do.

1 hour ago, Skullblade said:

I've looked for over an hour trying to figure out how to push a repo to GitHub and the tutorials online do not make sense. So could you please explain how to push a repo, or look at the code to find this "stupid typo that I made and can't find myself" even though I don't know how to even apply a custom armor model to code in the first place so how could I know what is or isn't a typo, or could you find someone who can? I understand that looking at someone else's code is boring and often doesn't make sense, and I do want to make this work for both of us, but I can't post a repo of the mod until I understand how, and right now, I haven't the faintest clue what to do.

you need:

1. a github account
  2. a git client (e.g. GitHub Desktop)

create:

1. create a new repository (file -> new repository)
  2. search the folder and add all the files of your mod
  3. replace all files that have been created automatically with those of forge if available (never the .git folder)
  4. use the push button to publish your repo, don't use the button "keep this code private"
  5. points 2 and 3 can change if you do this directly from your IDE (I have no idea how you do it from your IDE)
  6. post the link of your reop

23 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

you need:

1. a github account
  2. a git client (e.g. GitHub Desktop)

create:

1. create a new repository (file -> new repository)
  2. search the folder and add all the files of your mod
  3. replace all files that have been created automatically with those of forge if available (never the .git folder)
  4. use the push button to publish your repo, don't use the button "keep this code private"
  5. points 2 and 3 can change if you do this directly from your IDE (I have no idea how you do it from your IDE)
  6. post the link of your reop

Yeah, I think the problem was that I started out from IntelliJ. I pushed the repo to GitHub, but no files are showing up. I can't delete the repo and start over, I don't know how to add files... It's very hopeless over here.

6 minutes ago, Skullblade said:

Yeah, I think the problem was that I started out from IntelliJ. I pushed the repo to GitHub, but no files are showing up. I can't delete the repo and start over, I don't know how to add files... It's very hopeless over here.

use a git client to handle these