Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forge doesnt recognize any files, just the folders.

Hello, Ive been having issues downloading forge 1.16, as the installer just says: "The directory is missing a launcher profile. (see image 1)" I have launched the launcher, and the files even show up in the file explorer (see image 2). So, I look in the folders, and there are no files in any of the folders that should have files for Minecraft (see images 3 and 4) I dont know of any way to this so please help

image_2021-06-19_194626.png

image_2021-06-19_194815.png

image_2021-06-19_194932.png

image_2021-06-19_195004.png

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, CryomWist said:

Hello, Ive been having issues downloading forge 1.16, as the installer just says: "The directory is missing a launcher profile. (see image 1)" I have launched the launcher, and the files even show up in the file explorer (see image 2). So, I look in the folders, and there are no files in any of the folders that should have files for Minecraft (see images 3 and 4) I dont know of any way to this so please help

image_2021-06-19_194626.png

image_2021-06-19_194815.png

image_2021-06-19_194932.png

image_2021-06-19_195004.png

image_2021-06-19_195456.png

Edited by CryomWist

You helpfully did not include the address bar in your screenshots. You most likely chose the wrong folder.

Yes, the forge installer requires you to select the .minecraft folder for the "install client" option.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I am trying to store data through my ItemStack capability storage, but I stumbled upon a roadblock. My ItemStack Capability Storage: public class WandItemStorage implements Capability.IStorage<IWandCap> { @Nullable @Override public INBT writeNBT(Capability<IWandCap> capability, IWandCap instance, Direction side) { CompoundNBT tag = new CompoundNBT(); tag.put("spells", instance.getSpells()); return tag; } @Override public void readNBT(Capability<IWandCap> capability, IWandCap instance, Direction side, INBT nbt) { } } My ItemStack Capability: public class WandCap implements IWandCap { private List<Spell> spells; public WandCap () { spells = new ArrayList<>(); } @Override public List<Spell> getSpells() { return this.spells; } @Override public void addSpells(Spell... spells) { this.spells.addAll(Arrays.asList(spells)); } @Override public void addSpell(Spell spell) { this.spells.add(spell); } @Override public void removeSpells(Spell... spells) { this.spells.removeAll(Arrays.asList(spells)); } @Override public void removeSpell(Spell spell) { this.spells.remove(spell); } @Override public boolean containsSpell(Spell spell) { return this.spells.contains(spell); } } I'm currently trying to put a List of Spells (my custom object) to the Write and Read NBT methods of my ItemStack cap storage, but CompoundNBT doesn't have a method for putting a custom object into a tag. All it has is the put() method from what I'm seeing, however the put() method requires an INBT for the second parameter, which I do not have. Would I need to convert my List of Spells to an INBT, and how would I go about doing that?
    • When I click on forge jar file for my server it doesn't do anything what do I do. Please help asap
    • The Slots Move the stacks correctly when I shift click but when I manually move the stack it duplicates and creates ghost items please tell me what I did wrong???? my git repo: https://github.com/User-PARROT/MC-FORGE-1.16-Capability-Testing
    • I'm trying to get a blurred background effect, similar to this mod. I've looked through the mods source code and its quite a small mod but it goes about it by changing all gui backgrounds in the client and uses transformers which I'm not too experienced in, whereas I just want it for my mod menu. I know in GuiScreen it has a drawDefaultBackground (or similar) method and maybe I could do something with that to apply blur? Any help would mean a lot.
    • Hi i have problem i want a create server for my friends on forge on version 1.17.1 but i cant find any a starting file like: On version 1.14.4 it was: named forge-1.14.4-28.1.0 file but on version 1.17.1 i cant find it. how i can get this file? 
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.