Execute command from within mod

namarino41

Hello. I'm creating an item that executes a command when you use it. Don't ask why, there's a reason why I'm going this route instead of just calling the code the command actually executes. Can someone help with this? Everything resource I've found has been for older versions. Would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you!

On 7/11/2021 at 5:27 AM, namarino41 said:

Hello. I'm creating an item that executes a command when you use it. Don't ask why, there's a reason why I'm going this route instead of just calling the code the command actually executes. Can someone help with this? Everything resource I've found has been for older versions. Would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you!

I have the same problem too, but I still can't figure it out. Did you find anything helpful?

11 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You have been told exactly which method you need to call. If you don't know how to call methods you need to go and learn Java before modding.

I know how to call methods, thanks. There are other things you need to pass into those methods that I can't get, like the commandsource.

6 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Look at where Minecraft calls this method and see what it does to create the CommandSource.

Ok will do. I would recommend being a little more polite in the future also. I've seen a number of your posts and many of them come across as pretty rude and condescending. Don't assume that because someone is asking a question you think is stupid, he's deserving of that sort of attitude. Ignorance isn't stupidity.

Edited by namarino41

8 hours ago, namarino41 said:

I know how to call methods, thanks. There are other things you need to pass into those methods that I can't get, like the commandsource.

I can remember that there was a Dummy CommandSource, unfortunately I don't know whether it still exists and if so in which class, I also don't know whether you should use it.

which command do you want to execute? since there is usually another possibility to execute the command code without using a command

18 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

I can remember that there was a Dummy CommandSource, unfortunately I don't know whether it still exists and if so in which class, I also don't know whether you should use it.

which command do you want to execute? since there is usually another possibility to execute the command code without using a command

Yeah unfortunately there are some commands that another mod makes available and I want to call those. Sounds weird, but there's a reason for it, trust me haha. Problem I'm facing right now is I can't seem to get a server instance that isn't null...

28 minutes ago, namarino41 said:

Yeah unfortunately there are some commands that another mod makes available and I want to call those. Sounds weird, but there's a reason for it, trust me haha. Problem I'm facing right now is I can't seem to get a server instance that isn't null...

Hmm. Can you make the other mod a dependency and then call the methods from the other mod directly? I'm not experienced at all in mods let alone inter-mod functionality, but if that's possible, it'd be the right way to do it, I think.

1 hour ago, Luis_ST said:

I can remember that there was a Dummy CommandSource

ICommandSource.DUMMY

The second parameter is a string where is the command inserted, e.g. "/gamemode survival". And then it will just print an error message if the command cannot be executed.