Forge 789 and Connection to server issues

vagrantmike

I have Forge 789 installed. Also, I have Optifine and Rei's Minimap. When i try to connect to a server, I get Connecting to server.... In the server console it says,  [sEVERE] Reached end of stream for /###.##.##. (# being numbers for that client). I tried it without Rei's and Optifine, and it still did not work. I run 1.6.2 without Forge, and I connect with no problem. I do not get any error log. Just the dirt background on Minecraft that says Connecting to Server....

To add to this:

• The server is not running Forge. It is running vanilla Minecraft 1.6.2
  • This does not happen to just me connecting to my server, but it happens with my friends server as well.
  • If I use just Rei's and Optifine, there is no issue at all with me connecting to a server.

For the client I get this: http://pastebin.com/NSY4vzXL

Server really does not give anything. If it says anything, it is [sEVERE] Reached end of stream for /###.##.##. (# being numbers for that client). Not 100% if that is because of Forge or not however. I know that has being getting spammed ever since 1.6.X.

As for Optifine, it told me to add this into JVM Arguments. If I didn't, MC wouldn't start up and say Client> 2013-07-15 23:29:08 [sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] For your safety, FML will not launch minecraft. You will need to fetch a clean version of the minecraft jar file

Game ended with bad state (exit code 1)

-Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true

Will post more information if I get any. Also, not saying this is anyone's fault, just thought I would let you know what's going on.

Seems to me from that log that you screwed something up when editing your jar file that is causing the GuiDemoScreen not to be found. This has NOTHING to do with connecting to servers or anything like that.

Try it with a standard Forge install without optifine.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon