Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Orienting a rendered entity correctly

skip999

Hello,

I have been working on rendering a custom projectile entity for an item I have been working on. I have gotten the entity to render how I need it to, except for one small problem: it is not orienting to the direction of the player's camera. I have tried playing around with various rotation Quaternions for the Matrix Stack, but to no effect. The closest I got was having the rotation be based on the player's camera orientation. This gives the entity the initial orientation that I want, but the problem is then that  the projectile will always be rendered like that. I know there is a way to do this , but I can't seem to find it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Link to the rendering code on github: https://github.com/skiprocks999/Electrodynamics-JEI-Integration/blob/81298f23b4e40b2dc18aaccd4da6c81a93628557/src/main/java/electrodynamics/client/render/entity/RenderMetalRod.java#L29

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• thankyou for your input. I grab the GUI object on the GuiOpenEvent and the on the world tick event i keep checking it until the inventory loads. this successfully grabs the chest inventory from the client side. here is my final code. package com.example.examplemod; import java.util.ArrayList; import net.minecraft.client.KeyMapping; import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft; import net.minecraft.client.gui.screens.Screen; import net.minecraft.client.gui.screens.inventory.AbstractContainerScreen; import net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.ClientPacketListener; import net.minecraft.client.player.LocalPlayer; import net.minecraft.core.BlockPos; import net.minecraft.core.Direction; import net.minecraft.core.NonNullList; import net.minecraft.network.chat.Component; import net.minecraft.network.protocol.game.ServerboundContainerClosePacket; import net.minecraft.network.protocol.game.ServerboundMovePlayerPacket; import net.minecraft.network.protocol.game.ServerboundUseItemOnPacket; import net.minecraft.world.InteractionHand; import net.minecraft.world.inventory.Slot; import net.minecraft.world.item.ItemStack; import net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.*; import net.minecraft.world.phys.BlockHitResult; import net.minecraft.world.phys.Vec3; import net.minecraftforge.client.event.GuiContainerEvent; import net.minecraftforge.client.event.GuiOpenEvent; import net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeEventFactory; import net.minecraftforge.event.TickEvent; import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent; import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod; import net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.FMLClientSetupEvent; import net.minecraftforge.fmlclient.registry.ClientRegistry; @Mod.EventBusSubscriber public class ForgeEventHandler { private static ArrayList<BlockPos> homeBase = new ArrayList<BlockPos>(); private static Boolean pressed = false; public static final KeyMapping keyBinding = new KeyMapping("pam SETUP", 79, "PAM"); private static Screen GUI = null; @SubscribeEvent public static void setup(FMLClientSetupEvent event) { ClientRegistry.registerKeyBinding(keyBinding); } @SubscribeEvent public static void updatePlayer(TickEvent.PlayerTickEvent event) { /*if(event.player.canEat(false)){ for(ItemStack inventoryStack : event.player.getInventory().items){ if (inventoryStack.isEdible()) { ForgeEventFactory.onItemUseStart(event.player, inventoryStack, 0); ItemStack result = inventoryStack.getItem().finishUsingItem(inventoryStack, event.player.getCommandSenderWorld(), event.player); ForgeEventFactory.onItemUseFinish(event.player, inventoryStack, 0, result); if (!event.player.canEat(false)) { break; } } } }*/ if (keyBinding.isDown() && !pressed) { pressed = true; homeBase.add(((BlockHitResult) Minecraft.getInstance().player.pick(20.0D, 0.0F, false)).getBlockPos()); System.out.println("set postion"); if (homeBase.size()>=2) { System.out.println("opening container"); openBlock(detectContainers(homeBase).get(0)); homeBase.clear(); } if (!keyBinding.isDown()) { pressed=false; } } } @SubscribeEvent public static void updateWorld(TickEvent.WorldTickEvent event) { if (GUI != null) { if (GUI instanceof AbstractContainerScreen) { AbstractContainerScreen container = ((AbstractContainerScreen)GUI); NonNullList<Slot> slots = container.getMenu().slots; for (int i=0; i<slots.size();i++) { ItemStack temp = slots.get(i).getItem(); System.out.print(temp.getDisplayName().getString()+" | "); } System.out.println(""); GUI = null; } } } @SubscribeEvent public static void openChest(GuiOpenEvent event) { GUI = event.getGui(); } private static ArrayList<Vec3> detectContainers(ArrayList<BlockPos> homebase) { ArrayList<Vec3> chests = new ArrayList<Vec3>(); int x = homebase.get(1).getX()-homebase.get(0).getX(); int y = homebase.get(1).getY()-homebase.get(0).getY(); int z = homebase.get(1).getZ()-homebase.get(0).getZ(); for (int i=homebase.get(0).getX();i!=homebase.get(1).getX();i+=Math.signum(x)) { for (int j=homebase.get(0).getY();j!=homebase.get(1).getY();j+=Math.signum(y)) { for (int k=homebase.get(0).getZ();k!=homebase.get(1).getZ();k+=Math.signum(z)) { BlockEntity temp = Minecraft.getInstance().level.getBlockEntity(new BlockPos(i,j,k)); if (temp instanceof RandomizableContainerBlockEntity && !(temp instanceof HopperBlockEntity)) { chests.add(new Vec3(i,j,k)); } } } } return chests; } @SuppressWarnings("resource") private static void openBlock(Vec3 blockPos){ /*BlockHitResult hit = new BlockHitResult(blockPos, Direction.DOWN, new BlockPos(blockPos), false);*/ BlockHitResult hit = (BlockHitResult) Minecraft.getInstance().player.pick(20.0D, 0.0F, false); Minecraft.getInstance().getConnection().send(new ServerboundUseItemOnPacket(InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND,hit)); } }  
    • Yea, you shouldn't be starting the Minecraft server. That starts a vanilla one. You need to start the forge jar and I think you need to use the bat file that gets generated instead of just opening the jar.
    • 1.12 is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.