How to update your mod from 1.16.4 to 1.16.5

urabaros

I'm really lost. 

Please, if someone has some instructions, i'm really desperate, I can't find anything that soesn't break ny code :(

How to update your mode:

1) download version of forge you want, unzip the package and call it what you want.

2) copy src folder to the new forge package.

3) using cmd, run gradlew eclipse and gradlew genEclipseRuns, then run gradlew -PUPDATE_MAPPINGS_CHANNEL="snapshot" -PUPDATE_MAPPINGS="20210309-1.16.5" updateMappings (but use version of mappings you want)

4) open build.gradlew txt file and edit mappings channel: 'official', version: '1.16.5' to mappings channel: "snapshot", version: "20210309-1.16.5"

5) bingo

That's just a remonding for me :)

Edited by urabaros

you'll need to be more specific than that
not a lot has changed from 1.16.4 to 1.16.5, so your code shouldn't be breaking. However, what may be happening is that you were using mcp mappings, but now the project is with mojmaps. You can try to refactor the code to update the mappings, or just switch back to using mcp mappings (given that this is the actual issue, I'm just assuming it is since you didn't provide more info)

• Like 1

Ok! That's hard. I think you are right, I use mappings that i've found on forge's discord: 

mappingsVersion = 20210309-1.16.5

How should I refractor the code..?

What I did: I've created a new package with forge 1.16.5 files, than I've done /gradlew build and /gradlew genEclipseRuns, then I've edited build.gradle and gradle.properties. My gradle.properties: 

modVersion = "1.5.1"
modMinecraftVersion = 1.16.4
modForgeVersion = 35.1.5
mappingsChannel = snapshot
mappingsVersion = 20210309-1.16.5
modID = tutorialmod
modGroup = tutorialmod
modFileName = AkiraTheDemon

• urabaros changed the title to How to update your mod from 1.16.4 to 1.16.5