Forge installer not launching (Exit Code: 0)

I just downloaded the Forge 1.17.1 installer, and launched it from the Minecraft launcher. The game opened up like usual, and I added the WorldEdit mod into the mod folder (downloaded from the official CurseForge site). After closing Minecraft and attempting to relaunch in the Forge installation, the game did not start and I was given the message "Exit Code: 0". I removed WorldEdit from the folder and I was able to launch Minecraft without issues. I also tried to add other mods into the folder, and was given the same message. The Forge installation without any mods launched without issues, but with any mods the error would arise once again. My specs are better than the required to download Forge, and my Java is also up to date. Any suggestions?

Hello SlicedMango,

I am new around here, just got into Forge for the first time Today and decided to whip up a Mod. I ran across the same issue as you, I am fairly certain a new build will kick off here shortly with a fix to this issue, so just hang tight!

Part of the exception I am getting from the Terminal (Which totally mentioned in the last two minor releases .1 and .2): 

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.module.ResolutionException: Module srgutils reads more than one module named cpw.mods.securejarhandler"

• Like 1

I have the same problem. I've tried all v.17.1 versions available (37.0.0, 1 and 2) - all crashes as soon as a mod enters the folder. I've tried several different mods, all up to date with newest version as well.. I've updated Java and every thing I could find related. Really annoying.

• Like 1