Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why no support for older versions?

Doesn't it stand to reason that because they're old, people would have more experience with them and possibly be better able to provide support for them as opposed to a version that has been out for a week? 

Why lock a thread about an older version? Why not just leave it open and if no one answers, no one answers...but if someone comes along who has the answer, they can still answer because the thread is not locked. 

You don't have to provide support for an older version, but to take away the option to, seems tactless.

you have to accept this, there are a few discord servers that support older versions, but the official forge forum not

12 minutes ago, pongosdaddy said:

Why lock a thread about an older version? Why not just leave it open and if no one answers, no one answers...but if someone comes along who has the answer, they can still answer because the thread is not locked.

there is a private message system

1 hour ago, Luis_ST said:

you have to accept this, there are a few discord servers that support older versions, but the official forge forum not

there is a private message system

well, yea, i accept that, but that doesn't mean i cant question the reasoning behind it and provide options. Does it?

Ill have to search for those, thank you.

Yes, there are private messages but that doesn't answer the question and brings up more questions like, isn't it often that people are told to search in case their question has been answered previously? Then why only answer the question in a private message when it could be public?

Because of people like you who insist on taking our time harping about old versions.
If you guys kept it private or elseware then sure people could help you.
But you don't, you make mod packs, have issues, or whatever, and then you/your users come to us and waste our time.

Combined with what you just said, all issues that you have for old versions have been asked and answered many times while the version was relevant.
We have a limited manpower thing, so we've decided that it's best to focus on things that actually need fixing, and not 5 year old tech.
We don't care that you like spam clicking your sword instead of waiting on the cooldown. We work on Modern Minecraft.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/lexmanos
Paypal: http://paypal.me/LexManos

BitCoin: 1Q8rWvUNMM2T1ZfDaFeeYQyVXtYoeT6tTn

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I understand that 1.12.2 is no longer supported, but can't you at least host the library files? At this stage the Server Installer for Forge 1.12.2 (latest build and older builks) is broken - it doesn't download all the files even though it says it does (Client still works, server files don't) I've tested on Linux installer and Windows installer, both are incomplete. Forge 1.12.2 is still widely used by the community - if you no longer wish to host the files for it, can we, the community, host it for our community to download and use?   When running the installer: 23/10/2021 Found java version 1.8.0_292 23/10/2021 Target Directory: . 23/10/2021 Data kindly mirrored by CreeperHost at https://www.creeperhost.net/ 23/10/2021 Extracting main jar: 23/10/2021   Extracted successfully 23/10/2021 Considering minecraft server jar 23/10/2021   Downloading library from https://launcher.mojang.com/v1/objects/886945bfb2b978778c3a0288fd7fab09d315b25f/server.jar 23/10/2021     Download completed: Checksum validated. 23/10/2021 Downloading libraries 23/10/2021 Considering library de.oceanlabs.mcp:mcp_config:1.12.2-20200226.224830@zip 23/10/2021   Downloading library from https://maven.creeperhost.net/de/oceanlabs/mcp/mcp_config/1.12.2-20200226.224830/mcp_config-1.12.2-20200226.224830.zip 23/10/2021     Download completed: Checksum validated. 23/10/2021 Considering library net.minecraftforge:forge:1.12.2-14.23.5.2855 23/10/2021   Extracting library from /maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.12.2-14.23.5.2855/forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2855.jar 23/10/2021     Extraction completed: Checksum validated. 23/10/2021 Building Processors 23/10/2021 The server installed successfully, you should now be able to run the file forge You can delete this installer file now if you wish Now I run Forge Server Jar: 23/10/2021 We appear to be missing one or more essential library files. You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully. 23/10/2021 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:52)     at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34) I looked in the Library folder, it only has 2 folders and 2 files. Normally it has around 20 files.                
    • ok, it works, but how can i say the server that i pressed the button?
    • You named your own class "SimpleChannel", which means the "SimpleChannel" on the field declaration refers to your class, not the Forge class.
    • Hmm, I might just do some sort of jimmy rig to get around this. Do something like make a block model in blockbench that is slightly large than a normal block (something like 0.01 on each side to prevent z-fighting), draw the textures and just have the blocks act as a multipart. (I really hope this can end up transparent and not just blackout the texture underneath) Might be messy, but I really just want to get this done to move onto something else (been working on this one feature for maybe a month because IRL stuff). Thanks for the suggestions anyways mate (I can probably use them for some other crazy idea later).
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.