Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[SOLVED] [1.17.1] Issues with runClient


uSkizzik
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, the day Forge 1.17.1 came out, I tried porting my mod to it. I got some errors which I managed to fix but now I'm stuck with a new one.
It's really strange because I haven't seen anyone else having this issue (except one other user on Discord).
I've been trying to fix this issue every day since. I even tried using the MDK and I still got the same exact issue.
When I asked in the official Discord server, I got told that Forge can't do anything about it. If that is true, who should I contact and again, why isn't anyone else experiencing this?
I also don't have this issue on 1.16.5.

Error (From Terminal): https://pastebin.com/wHv2cA97
Full Log (debug.log, I don't know why the error doesn't appear here): https://pastebin.com/Jy6UHgNz

Edited by uSkizzik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, uSkizzik said:

Let me just give this topic a little bump

  1. try the latest mdk if you are not already using it
  2. remove your mod from the project and replace it with the example mod
  3. if the error in both of the above points still occurs, report the bug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

no idea, you can try github or discord

"When I asked in the official Discord server, I got told that Forge can't do anything about it. If that is true, who should I contact and again, why isn't anyone else experiencing this?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, uSkizzik said:

"When I asked in the official Discord server, I got told that Forge can't do anything about it. If that is true, who should I contact and again, why isn't anyone else experiencing this?"

then unfortunately i have no idea either, in my opinion is this a forge error, sorry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the same issue on an old project I tried to port.
The only thing that worked for me was starting from scratch with the MDK.
I don't know if it was related, but I also completely cleared the global gradle cache under C:\Users\<user>\.gradle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 11:19 AM, kcranky said:

I had the same issue on an old project I tried to port.
The only thing that worked for me was starting from scratch with the MDK.
I don't know if it was related, but I also completely cleared the global gradle cache under C:\Users\<user>\.gradle

Ayo that actually worked! Tysm!
I just deleted everything in the caches folder, it did take some time for the stuff to rebuild but it worked like a charm!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • uSkizzik changed the title to [SOLVED] [1.17.1] Issues with runClient

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.