[1.17.1] Apply rotations to ModelPart in different order

Anrza

Hello! I want to add tilted ears to some animals. Under ideal circumstances, I'd just modelPart.zRot = t. However, the rotation around the z axis is applied before the other rotations, which makes a big mess of everything.

As far as I can tell, transformation of the matrix M represented by the PoseStack to the result R depending on the rotation matrices X, Y, Z and the translation matrix P is applied as such: R=XYZPM. My solution prior to 1.17 was to extend ModelRenderer and apply the transformations in the order ZXYPM - solving the problem very simply. But since ModelPart - the 1.17 counterpart to the old ModelRenderer - is final, I see no such simple solution.

I see two possible approaches:

1. Denote T=XYZP. Apply T^-1(ZXYP) to the PoseStack before I ModelPart#render. The ModelPart will then apply T, resulting in my desired ZXYP  transformation. No problem in theory, but quite convoluted in practice.
  2. Consider Z(z)X(x)Y(y). Do some linear algebra and trigonometry to find out (s,t,u) such that X(s)Y(t)Z(u)=Z(z)X(x)Y(y), then ModelPart#setRotation(s,t,u). I haven't done the math on this, so I'm not sure how feasible this is.

Anyone got a simpler solution? Or should I rather do a feature request to make ModelPart not final?

7 hours ago, Anrza said:

My solution prior to 1.17 was to extend ModelRenderer and apply the transformations in the order ZXYPM - solving the problem very simply. But since ModelPart - the 1.17 counterpart to the old ModelRenderer - is final

you can use Access Transformer to remove the final modifier from the class

Edited by Luis_ST