[1.16.5] Simple way to add animated item lore? [SOLVED]

Novality

I know how to add advanced tooltips, and regular item lore. 
I've started to explore a bit and ended up pondering animated item lore. I've seen mods that have it, and I was wondering if there was a somewhat simple way that I could do this too!

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

2 hours ago, Novality said:

I know how to add advanced tooltips, and regular item lore. 
I've started to explore a bit and ended up pondering animated item lore. I've seen mods that have it, and I was wondering if there was a somewhat simple way that I could do this too!

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Basically, animating an item is nothing else than water, which is an animated block,
you need a texture with the size / height 16/16 * x (x indicates the number of individual textures),
and you need a file_name.png .mcmeta file which handle the animation

take a look at how the water animation works

7 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

Basically, animating an item is nothing else than water, which is an animated block,
you need a texture with the size / height 16/16 * x (x indicates the number of individual textures),
and you need a file_name.png .mcmeta file which handle the animation

take a look at how the water animation works

You seem to have missed the point of the question. I want an animated tooltip not an animated item texture which can be easily done. 😄

21 minutes ago, Novality said:

You seem to have missed the point of the question. I want an animated tooltip not an animated item texture which can be easily done. 😄

okay sorry about that😅, then define "animated", did you mean the color, font type (bold), ...?

Just now, Luis_ST said:

okay sorry about that😅, then define "animated", did you mean the color, font type (bold), ...?

No worries! I was looking for something that will periodically bold and unbold green text. But anything specific isn't really needed. An example would be best!

27 minutes ago, Novality said:

No worries! I was looking for something that will periodically bold and unbold green text. But anything specific isn't really needed. An example would be best!

look at a mod that does exactly what you want to do
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with tooltips, but will try a bit and I give you an answer when I find something that works

6 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

look at a mod that does exactly what you want to do
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with tooltips, but will try a bit and I give you an answer when I find something that works

I found a solution :D 

Thanks for the help though!

• Novality changed the title to [1.16.5] Simple way to add animated item lore? [SOLVED]