Special Ability Tools

kenoba10

if(brokenBlock != null)
{
	ItemStack result = FurnaceRecipes.smelting().getSmeltingResult(new ItemStack(brokenBlock, 1, meta));

if(result != null)
	{
		EntityItem drop = new EntityItem(world, par2, par3, par4, result);
		world.spawnEntityInWorld(drop);
		return false;
	}
}

Thanks but when I break it with the pick the first time i break that ore type I get an ingot and the ore, the rest of the then I just get the ore back

That makes sense. The problem with the ore is the fact that what a block drops is set inside the block's class. And to my knowledge, there is no way to void that block drop. But I guess you could do a hackish type job by using gamerules... By that I mean set block drops to false and then back to true again once it dropped the item.

As to it only working once... I am not sure :/

How would I set blcok drops to false??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no flippin idea :D

I was just saying what I would do, but that would require me to learn how they work. So I would suggest reading through how they are set and such.

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

I have no flippin idea :D

I was just saying what I would do, but that would require me to learn how they work. So I would suggest reading through how they are set and such.

I'm giving up on the auto smelting pickaxe idea I'll think of something else for my pickaxe. Thanks for the help though

Awww...!! I liked the idea. Maybe I will figure it out and make a small mod out of it xD

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

It was my idea thats Copy Right I was gonna do that already

Thaumcraft 2 had the Pickaxe of the Core, so I guess you actually stole it from him.

well that pickaxe had like a 33 % chance of dropping a native ore cluster and crap it wasnt auto smelting

point is you don't have copyright over "auto smelting pickaxe" tons of people has this idea before you and im SURE other mods have done it before (example: IC2 mining laser automaticly smelt things)

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

well that pickaxe had like a 33 % chance of dropping a native ore cluster and crap it wasnt auto smelting

Yes, it was auto-smelting. Crouching allowed you to mine without dropping the smelted ore, and right clicking spawned a guide wisp, but I can assure you that by default it was auto-smelting.

Yes, it was auto-smelting. Crouching allowed you to mine without dropping the smelted ore, and right clicking spawned a guide wisp, but I can assure you that by default it was auto-smelting.

Oh I don't know that much about Thaumcraft really maybe thats the pickaxe of the core in ThaumCraft 3 that I was thinking if that makes it not copying

nobody cares if you copy something as generic as this. It would only be cheap if you were making another item called the Mining laser and it would have the same feature as the one in IC2 and EVEN if you were doign that, almost nobody would actually care. if you want to make a auto-smelting pickaxe just DO IT. its so generic

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

nobody cares if you copy something as generic as this. It would only be cheap if you were making another item called the Mining laser and it would have the same feature as the one in IC2 and EVEN if you were doign that, almost nobody would actually care. if you want to make a auto-smelting pickaxe just DO IT. its so generic

I stopped making it because I ran in to problems I couldnt find out how to solve nobody knew such as how to prevent the default block drop

Happy birthday:

@Override
public boolean onBlockStartBreak(ItemStack itemstack, int i, int j, int k, EntityPlayer player)
{
	World world = player.worldObj;
	int blockID = world.getBlockId(i, j, k);
	int meta = world.getBlockMetadata(i, j, k);

NBTTagList ench = itemstack.getEnchantmentTagList();
	int level = 0;
	if(ench != null)
	{
		for (int x = 0; x < ench.tagCount(); x++)
		{
			NBTTagCompound nbt = (NBTTagCompound) ench.tagAt(x);
			int id = nbt.getInteger("id");
			if (id == Enchantment.fortune.effectId)
			{
				level = nbt.getInteger("lvl");
			}
		}
	}
	ArrayList<ItemStack> items = Block.blocksList[blockID].getBlockDropped(world, i, j, k, meta, level);
	if(items == null || items.size() == 0)
	{
		return false;
	}
	for (ItemStack item : items)
	{
		if (FurnaceRecipes.smelting().getSmeltingResult(item) == null)
		{
			return false;
		}
		ItemStack smelted = FurnaceRecipes.smelting().getSmeltingResult(item).copy();

world.playSoundEffect(i + 0.5F, j + 0.5F, k + 0.5F,
				Block.blocksList[blockID].stepSound.getBreakSound(),
				(Block.blocksList[blockID].stepSound.getVolume() + 1.0F) / 2.0F,
				Block.blocksList[blockID].stepSound.getPitch() * 0.8F);

world.setBlock(i, j, k, 0);
		if(!world.isRemote)
		{
			float var6 = 0.7F;
			double var7 = world.rand.nextFloat() * var6 + 1.0F - var6 * 0.5D;
			double var9 = world.rand.nextFloat() * var6 + 1.0F - var6 * 0.5D;
			double var11 = world.rand.nextFloat() * var6 + 1.0F - var6 * 0.5D;
			EntityItem entityitem = new EntityItem(world, i + var7, j + var9, k + var11, smelted);
			world.spawnEntityInWorld(entityitem);
		}
		itemstack.damageItem(1, player);
	}

return true;
}

Happy birthday:

@Override
public boolean onBlockStartBreak(ItemStack itemstack, int i, int j, int k, EntityPlayer player)
{
	World world = player.worldObj;
	int blockID = world.getBlockId(i, j, k);
	int meta = world.getBlockMetadata(i, j, k);

NBTTagList ench = itemstack.getEnchantmentTagList();
	int level = 0;
	if(ench != null)
	{
		for (int x = 0; x < ench.tagCount(); x++)
		{
			NBTTagCompound nbt = (NBTTagCompound) ench.tagAt(x);
			int id = nbt.getInteger("id");
			if (id == Enchantment.fortune.effectId)
			{
				level = nbt.getInteger("lvl");
			}
		}
	}
	ArrayList<ItemStack> items = Block.blocksList[blockID].getBlockDropped(world, i, j, k, meta, level);
	if(items == null || items.size() == 0)
	{
		return false;
	}
	for (ItemStack item : items)
	{
		if (FurnaceRecipes.smelting().getSmeltingResult(item) == null)
		{
			return false;
		}
		ItemStack smelted = FurnaceRecipes.smelting().getSmeltingResult(item).copy();

world.playSoundEffect(i + 0.5F, j + 0.5F, k + 0.5F,
				Block.blocksList[blockID].stepSound.getBreakSound(),
				(Block.blocksList[blockID].stepSound.getVolume() + 1.0F) / 2.0F,
				Block.blocksList[blockID].stepSound.getPitch() * 0.8F);

world.setBlock(i, j, k, 0);
		if(!world.isRemote)
		{
			float var6 = 0.7F;
			double var7 = world.rand.nextFloat() * var6 + 1.0F - var6 * 0.5D;
			double var9 = world.rand.nextFloat() * var6 + 1.0F - var6 * 0.5D;
			double var11 = world.rand.nextFloat() * var6 + 1.0F - var6 * 0.5D;
			EntityItem entityitem = new EntityItem(world, i + var7, j + var9, k + var11, smelted);
			world.spawnEntityInWorld(entityitem);
		}
		itemstack.damageItem(1, player);
	}

return true;
}

I'm gonna take a guess you decompiled Thaumcraft 2 and this is the pickaxe of the core code? It works though Thanks so much!

I had it working in one of my mods, but it probably is roughly the same idea. As people have said, a smelting pickaxe is a pretty general thing, it's not likely to have many differences, if any, among themselves.

I had it working in one of my mods, but it probably is roughly the same idea. As people have said, a smelting pickaxe is a pretty general thing, it's not likely to have many differences, if any, among themselves.

Thanks everything works

Do you know of any way I could make it so that it can't autosmelt things that an axe breaks and things that a shovel breaks?

About the auto smelting pickaxe, i am not sure if you already gotten it working or gave up on it. But what if you checked wether it is being mined by that certain pickaxe before it drops the ingot/ore. So in your idDropped() method or whatever it is called you would have some checks to find out what broke the ore? and if it is the pickaxe drop the ingot else just drop the ore.

• 1 year later...

after Block. where it says blockList, blockList is underlined red and it doesnt go to anyhing that i can change it to, and ench.tagAt(x); says to add cast to "ench". help is greatly appreciated