[Solved][1.16.4] How to read TileEntity on block destroy?

FishBoneEK

I need to read TileEntity stored in block when it’s destroyed. ( more detailed goal description down below) I have searched about this problem, but Block#break is gone, getDrops is static and impossible to override. I have also looked into PlayerController#onPlayerDestroyBlock ( if I remember correctly), but seems that there’s no other methods called on block destroy and when block is intact.

======

I’m making MultiBlocks. To do this, I plan to make 2 types of block in each multi block: main and sub. Main renders model while sub doesn’t. Also sub blocks stores main blocks’ pos as TileEntity, so that when a block is destroyed, I can break others according to the main block’s pos.

Edited by FishBoneEK

4 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

What do you want to do with the data that you have read? What is your goal?

I’m making MultiBlocks. To do this, I plan to make 2 types of block in each multi block: main and sub. Main renders model while sub doesn’t. Also sub blocks stores main blocks’ pos as TileEntity, so that when a block is destroyed, I can break others according to the main block’s pos.

6 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

In Block#onRemove the TE should still be available (albeit your block already being removed). Do whatever you need to do with the TileEntity here, then call the super method (which will then clear the TE).

But I can’t find onRemove in Block.class(net.minecraft.block.Block, just in case) nor AbstractBlock.class.

• FishBoneEK changed the title to [Solved][1.16.4] How to read TileEntity on block destroy?