.requiresCorrectToolForDrops() isnt working?

brepi

i am working on the FML 1.17 beta version

when using .harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE) and .harvestLevel(2), it doesnt make a difference and i can still mine my block with my hand

i read some other forums and they said to add ".func_235861_h_()" or "setRequiresTool()" , but it looks like in the newest version, it has changed to ".requiresCorrectToolForDrops()"

however, when i tried to use .requiresCorrectToolForDrops(), it made everything slower and doesnt drop an item at all anymore. Am i missing something? is there a different syntax for the old "setRequiresTool()" ? 

code looks like this :

public static final RegistryObject<Block> TEST_ORE= BLOCKS.register("testore",()-> new Block(BlockBehaviour.Properties.of(Material.STONE,MaterialColor.COLOR_BROWN)

.strength(1.0F, 1.0F)

.harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE)
			.harvestLevel(2)

.requiresCorrectToolForDrops()

.sound(SoundType.STONE)));
}

6 hours ago, brepi said:

when using .harvestTool(ToolType.PICKAXE) and .harvestLevel(2), it doesnt make a difference and i can still mine my block with my hand

you need to add your block to the mineable tag of the tool (axe, hoe, pickaxe, shovel)
the harvest level is also handled over a tag (needs_stone_tool, needs_iron_tool, needs_diamond_tool) simply add your block to the tag an it should work

6 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

you need to add your block to the mineable tag of the tool (axe, hoe, pickaxe, shovel)
the harvest level is also handled over a tag (needs_stone_tool, needs_iron_tool, needs_diamond_tool) simply add your block to the tag an it should work

it worked! thank you so much! i would have never thought of doing that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/8/2021 at 11:23 AM, Luis_ST said:

how do I go about making a block need a tool with a harvest level of 5. I have made a tool with a harvest level of 5, but I can't find anything about making my block need a harvest level of 5