[Solved] [1.16.4] Can't get custom plants to generate

vassdeniss

Am i doing something wrong?

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber
public class DecorationGeneration {
    @SubscribeEvent(priority = EventPriority.HIGHEST)
    public static void generateBushes(BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
        BiomeGenerationSettingsBuilder generation = event.getGeneration();

BlockClusterFeatureConfig MINT_BUSH_CONFIG = (new BlockClusterFeatureConfig.Builder(
                    new SimpleBlockStateProvider(
                            RegistryHandler.MINT_BUSH_BLOCK.get().getDefaultState().with(MintBush.AGE, 3)
                    ), SimpleBlockPlacer.PLACER
                )
        ).tries(64).whitelist(ImmutableSet.of(
                Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK.getDefaultState().getBlock()
        )).func_227317_b_().build();

ConfiguredFeature<?, ?> MINT_BUSH = Feature.RANDOM_PATCH.withConfiguration(MINT_BUSH_CONFIG);
        ConfiguredFeature<?, ?> MINT_BUSH_DECORATED = MINT_BUSH.withPlacement(Features.Placements.PATCH_PLACEMENT).chance(24);

if (event.getCategory().equals(Biome.Category.PLAINS)) {
            generation.withFeature(
                    GenerationStage.Decoration.VEGETAL_DECORATION, MINT_BUSH_DECORATED
            );
        }
    }
}

Edited by vassdeniss

first of all you can't create the ConfiguredFeature inside the event because you need to register them
second, take a look at the vanilla Features class how to create ConfiguredFeature,
then copy the vanilla registry and do this for your ConfiguredFeature inside FMLCommonSetupEvent

23 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

first of all you can't create the ConfiguredFeature inside the event because you need to register them
second, take a look at the vanilla Features class how to create ConfiguredFeature,
then copy the vanilla registry and do this for your ConfiguredFeature inside FMLCommonSetupEvent

private void setup(final FMLCommonSetupEvent event) {
        DecorationGeneration.registerBushes();
}
@Mod.EventBusSubscriber
    private static final ArrayList<ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>> overworldDeco = new ArrayList<ConfiguredFeature<?, ?>>();

public static void registerBushes() {
        overworldDeco.add(register("mint", Feature.RANDOM_PATCH.withConfiguration(new BlockClusterFeatureConfig
                .Builder(new SimpleBlockStateProvider(RegistryHandler.MINT_BUSH_BLOCK.get().getDefaultState().with(MintBush.AGE, 3)),
                SimpleBlockPlacer.PLACER).tries(64).whitelist(ImmutableSet.of(Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK.getBlock()))
                .func_227317_b_().build()
        )).withPlacement(Features.Placements.PATCH_PLACEMENT).chance(24));
    }

public static void gen(BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
        BiomeGenerationSettingsBuilder generation = event.getGeneration();
        for (ConfiguredFeature<?, ?> bush : overworldDeco){
            if (bush != null) generation.withFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.VEGETAL_DECORATION, bush);
        }
    }

private static <FC extends IFeatureConfig> ConfiguredFeature<FC, ?> register(String name, ConfiguredFeature<FC, ?> configuredFeature) {
        return Registry.register(WorldGenRegistries.CONFIGURED_FEATURE, MakoRuMod.MOD_ID + ":" + name, configuredFeature);
    }
}

I did something like this. I believe im getting closer but still it doesn't work?

the ConfiguredFeature works i copied your code and i found the feature, but it's very rare, rare than the pumpkin feature

MINT = register("mint", Feature.RANDOM_PATCH.configured((new BlockClusterFeatureConfig.Builder(new SimpleBlockStateProvider(Blocks.BARREL.defaultBlockState()), SimpleBlockPlacer.INSTANCE))
				.tries(64).noProjection().whitelist(Sets.newHashSet(Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK)).build()).decorated(Features.Placements.HEIGHTMAP_DOUBLE_SQUARE).chance(24));
	}

private static <FC extends IFeatureConfig> ConfiguredFeature<FC, ?> register(String name, ConfiguredFeature<FC, ?> configuredFeature) {
		return Registry.register(WorldGenRegistries.CONFIGURED_FEATURE, new ResourceLocation("examplemod", name), configuredFeature);
	}

public static ConfiguredFeature<?, ?> MINT;

@SubscribeEvent(priority = EventPriority.HIGH)
	public static void name(BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
		if (MINT != null) {
			event.getGeneration().addFeature(Decoration.VEGETAL_DECORATION, MINT);
		}
	}

and (I had to scale down the picture because it was too big)
2021-08-15_11_45_51.png.0d346f45de56cb2f11c284dbc7491365.png

Just now, Luis_ST said:

the ConfiguredFeature works i copied your code and i found the feature, but it's very rare, rare than the pumpkin feature

MINT = register("mint", Feature.RANDOM_PATCH.configured((new BlockClusterFeatureConfig.Builder(new SimpleBlockStateProvider(Blocks.BARREL.defaultBlockState()), SimpleBlockPlacer.INSTANCE))
				.tries(64).noProjection().whitelist(Sets.newHashSet(Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK)).build()).decorated(Features.Placements.HEIGHTMAP_DOUBLE_SQUARE).chance(24));
	}

return Registry.register(WorldGenRegistries.CONFIGURED_FEATURE, new ResourceLocation("examplemod", name), configuredFeature);
	}

@SubscribeEvent(priority = EventPriority.HIGH)
	public static void name(BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
		if (MINT != null) {
			event.getGeneration().addFeature(Decoration.VEGETAL_DECORATION, MINT);
		}
	}

and (I had to scale down the picture because it was too big)
2021-08-15_11_45_51.png.0d346f45de56cb2f11c284dbc7491365.png

how do i make it common? The .chance?

MINT = register("mint",
                Feature.RANDOM_PATCH.withConfiguration(
                        new BlockClusterFeatureConfig.Builder(
                                        RegistryHandler.MINT_BUSH_BLOCK.get().getDefaultState().with(MintBush.AGE, 3)),
                                SimpleBlockPlacer.PLACER)
                                .tries(64).func_227317_b_()
                                .whitelist(Sets.newHashSet(Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK)).build())
                        .withPlacement(Features.Placements.PATCH_PLACEMENT).chance(80)
        );

Still not seeing it :/

Everything seems correct i don't get it

2 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

show all relevant classes (Events)

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber

public static void registerBushes() {
        MINT = register("mint",
                Feature.RANDOM_PATCH.withConfiguration(
                        new BlockClusterFeatureConfig.Builder(
                                        RegistryHandler.MINT_BUSH_BLOCK.get().getDefaultState().with(MintBush.AGE, 3)),
                                SimpleBlockPlacer.PLACER)
                                .tries(64).func_227317_b_()
                                .whitelist(Sets.newHashSet(Blocks.GRASS_BLOCK)).build())
                        .withPlacement(Features.Placements.PATCH_PLACEMENT).chance(80)
        );
    }

public static void gen(BiomeLoadingEvent event) {
        if (MINT != null) {
            event.getGeneration().withFeature(GenerationStage.Decoration.VEGETAL_DECORATION, MINT);
        }
    }

return Registry.register(WorldGenRegistries.CONFIGURED_FEATURE, new ResourceLocation("makoru", name), configuredFeature);
    }
}

DecoGeneration

OreGeneration.registerOres();
        DecorationGeneration.registerBushes();
        DeferredWorkQueue.runLater(() -> {
            GlobalEntityTypeAttributes.put(RegistryHandler.NIMBAT.get(), NimbatEntity.setCustomAttributes().create());
        });
    }

Main Class

Still no. Jesus i have no idea

heres my registry line

public static final RegistryObject<Block> MINT_BUSH_BLOCK = BLOCKS.register("mint_bush_block", MintBush::new);

and the mint bush class itself

public class MintBush extends SweetBerryBushBlock {
    public MintBush() {
        super(Block.Properties.create(Material.PLANTS)
                .hardnessAndResistance(0, 0)
                .doesNotBlockMovement()
                .tickRandomly()
                .sound(SoundType.PLANT)
        );
    }

@Override
    public ItemStack getItem(IBlockReader worldIn, BlockPos pos, BlockState state) {
        return new ItemStack(RegistryHandler.MINT.get());
    }

@Override
    public ActionResultType onBlockActivated(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, PlayerEntity player, Hand handIn, BlockRayTraceResult hit) {
        int i = state.get(AGE);
        boolean flag = i == 3;

if (!flag && player.getHeldItem(handIn).getItem() == Items.BONE_MEAL) {
            return ActionResultType.PASS;
        } else if (i > 1) {
            int j = 1 + worldIn.rand.nextInt(2);
            spawnAsEntity(worldIn, pos, new ItemStack(RegistryHandler.MINT.get(), j + (flag ? 1 : 0)));
            worldIn.playSound((PlayerEntity) null, pos, SoundEvents.ITEM_SWEET_BERRIES_PICK_FROM_BUSH,
                    SoundCategory.BLOCKS, 1, 0.8f + worldIn.rand.nextFloat() * 0.4f
            );
            worldIn.setBlockState(pos, state.with(AGE, 1), 2);
            return ActionResultType.SUCCESS;
        } else {
            return super.onBlockActivated(state, worldIn, pos, player, handIn, hit);
        }
    }

@Override
    public void onEntityCollision(BlockState state, World worldIn, BlockPos pos, Entity entityIn) {
        super.onEntityCollision(state, worldIn, pos, entityIn);
    }
}

maybe its something there but I doubt it

Edited by vassdeniss
Fixed mistake

• vassdeniss changed the title to [Solved] [1.16.4] Can't get custom plants to generate