Animated Sprite For Projectile Entity (1.16.5)

Babelincoln1809

I was wondering how I should go about making an animated sprite for my projectile, it's just a basic 2D sprite no 3D model or anything like that. I thought it would be as easy as a .mcmeta file, but like usual nope. Anything I could reference? I don't think Minecraft itself has anything I can look at, although I am looking. Any help would be much appreciated

1 hour ago, Babelincoln1809 said:

Is the texture animated, or are you talking about the flame effect it has?

you will need the .mcmeta were you tell minecraft how to animate the texture you can look at the water .mcmeta to understand how it works
the texture of an animated object will is simple extends downwards, so like the normal texture size is 64*64 and you want 4 different textures the size of the texture would be 64*256
look also for that at the water texture

Edit: this is an example of mine (the blood texture)

Edited by Luis_ST

5 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

you will need the .mcmeta were you tell minecraft how to animate the texture you can look at the water .mcmeta to understand how it works
the texture of an animated object will is simple extends downwards, so like the normal texture size is 64*64 and you want 4 different textures the size of the texture would be 64*256
look also for that at the water texture

Edit: this is an example of mine (the blood texture)

I made an mcmeta file for my png, and I thought that it would work as intended, but that's not the case. I looked at your example and the water one, but I dunno what's wrong with it. I've done this with items before with no issue, so I dunno why it's not working this time around. My image uses 3 frames, so 96 pixels vertically since it uses 32*32 sized sprites. Could that be the issue?

here's the mcmeta file 

Spoiler

{ "animation": { "frametime": 2, "frames": [ 0, 1, 2 ] } }