CreativeTabs and a few suggestion/questions.

lenyeto

Will there be a hook for creative tabs? Also, I think a hook for creating new custom particle effects with custom textures be nice. Just a suggestion. And since 1.3 is technically SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer merged. Would mods be MultiPlayer compatible automatically, or would we still need to wait until 1.4?

Yea its less-so "mods will be multiplayer" and moreso "mods HAVE to be multiplayer". So SSP mods will have to make themselves SMP.

Unless 1.3 inspires somebody to make a mod aimed at giving all of the latest changes to Minecraft that the official releases beyond 1.3 incorporate. (Aside from being required to run a server in the background at all times...)

Which would be interesting. :P

Check out my

Texture Packs Thread here on the Forge Forum. :)

Currently in the process of adding some mod support for JohnSmith Texture Pack.

width=105 height=12https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_21351[/img]

width=209 height=19https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D8135159_67366891_772852[/img]

Well, mods will have to be smp to do anything.

that is actually false, mods can still be SSP - but they will work the same as an SMP mod, just designed to only interact with the local client

also its not wise to forget that although the client creates a server behind the scenes, this is still part of the client itself, and thus its not actually needed to implement cirtain safety procedures etc for SSP mods

Being noobish since 96, being dumb since birth!

that is actually false, mods can still be SSP - but they will work the same as an SMP mod, just designed to only interact with the local client

also its not wise to forget that although the client creates a server behind the scenes, this is still part of the client itself, and thus its not actually needed to implement cirtain safety procedures etc for SSP mods

Still, you have to code for the internal server and internal client, and the code can be used for multiplayer. So in a sense making it work single player will make it work multiplayer.

Still, you have to code for the internal server and internal client, and the code can be used for multiplayer. So in a sense making it work single player will make it work multiplayer.

true that an SSP mod for 1.3 could theoretically work for SMP, but i'd not trust such a mod due to lacking safety procedures etc

of course, adding such procedures would be a lot easier for mod creators, so i am rather interested to see if most mods will actually be SMP from now on

Being noobish since 96, being dumb since birth!

• 2 weeks later...

The first reply on the first thing this guy asked for, I've write a little bit of code in the CreativeTabs and GUIContainerCreative to allow for more than 2 rows of creative tabs. I've not put any work into making them look nice or change the number of possible amounts as necisary(It's currently limited by the length of an array).width=800 height=493http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x474/boomshroom/2012-08-14_181632.png[/img]

I would love to see this code added to forge to allow modders to add their own tabs. I've played around with forestry and it make the once nice and neat tabs really cluttered.

I was going to take a look into this after the first official release.

What I was going to do was add a pair of arrows to the open space on the top right in the main square.

And just have it cycle through 'pages' of tabs.

That way you keep the sexy look that is the new creative gui, but allow for an arbitrary number of pages.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I was going to take a look into this after the first official release.

What I was going to do was add a pair of arrows to the open space on the top right in the main square.

And just have it cycle through 'pages' of tabs.

That way you keep the sexy look that is the new creative gui, but allow for an arbitrary number of pages.

What happened?

Thor: the first Official release hasn't happened yet, currently its modders bug find & test versions

Lex: Sound good.

Do you think using our own icons for new tabs would also be possible?

Yes, the icons are simply determined by the block/item id of the block/item you want

If you add:

.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabBlock)

When you are defining your block, your block will be added to the Creative Tab menu of choice(+ search bar) Look at Creative Tabs for the specific one you want to add to. Only tested with Block.class. (Item method name may be different)

If you add:

.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabBlock)

When you are defining your block, your block will be added to the Creative Tab menu of choice(+ search bar) Look at Creative Tabs for the specific one you want to add to. Only tested with Block.class. (Item method name may be different)

umm, dude we know how to add a block to the tabs, but we want to be able to add a new tab altogether