Alternative of alphaTest();

Thomas7520

1 hour ago, Luis_ST said:

look into the RenderSystem class 

Already did and i didn't found about an alternative. However i checked PlayerRender class to see how nameTag render is used however i didn't found information about transparency of nametag. ( I mean we can see nametag throught blocks )

8 hours ago, Luis_ST said:

the RenderSytem class has the method enableAlphaTest and disableAlphaTest use them. if this is not what you want, explain what exactly you are looking for

So I will explain what I am looking for. I would like to render a message above the head, like the nickname (i'm using RenderEntityEvent ). However when the player is in a cave as example, the player on the surface will not see his nickname. ( At a good distance of course ). In 1.12.2, I used the RenderSystem.enableAlphaTest() to see the text through blocks. I use the FontRenderer#drawInBatch() method to render my text however RenderSystem.enableAlphaTest() is deprecreated & seem doesn't work for FontRenderer#drawInBatch() method. So that's why i need help please !

Dz3tVnT.png

jY4gUlY.png

Edited by Thomas7520