include version.json as seperate download

tim.vrakas

Hello again ;D

I saw you included the version.Json in the universal build. Is there any chance you could include it separately in the download server. Otherwise I have to download the entire version just to examine the Json. Probably be less load on the server to not have to download so many large files.

I'm working on a launcher that uses the new multi threaded download system. I need to be able to have the system examine the forge.Json and add the library downloadables to the download job but to do that I have to have a bunch of seperate download jobs. It makes the process take almost 30 seconds and requires the user to select a forge version, download it, extract the Jason, parse the Jason, send user to adfly, install the forge, and FINALY play. I'm sure I'm not the only one who could benefit from the availability of the Json separately.

If you can't put it on the download server, is it available on github? Or hidden deep in the maven server?

Thanks!

its generated from vanilla's jar, and files on our github.

This particular situation in my opinion is best handled by checking if the requested version is downloaded.

If it is use the included jar to run the download processes.

If not download the universal jar once and then install/go that route.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon