Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

List of useable types for ForgeConfigSpec.Builder

ImNotJahan

A lot of the different types I try and use for config files throw up a 

com.electronwill.nightconfig.core.io.WritingException: Unsupported value type

which I'm guessing just means that type isn't supported, so I was just wondering if there's a list of which are, as I couldn't find one anywhere.

only primitive values are supported (int, double, float, enum, ...) this also include Strings, if you want to use other values you need to store them in a String or a enum, e.g. minecraft:stone is the RegistryName of the Stone block you can store the name (as String) in the config then you can create a ResourceLocation from a String a then you can get the Block 

Edited by Luis_ST
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Good morning, following this somewhat entertaining thread, I got some first impressions. However, I ultimately failed on the same level as the original thread maker. I couldn't figure for the life of me, how to solve the render issue for a custom Trident/Spear type. I basically reconstructed any of his code(which was a hard task, given how confusingly he was exchanging copypasta code) for 1.16.5. It almost felt like MC doesn't want you to create custom spear weapon types. Do you guys want to share some input? As a first start, I did try "circumventing" the render issue by extending ToolItem, or just Item. But the result was even worth.
    • when I fire up my world on the "sky odyssey" mod it all works, but from now on when I enter the world it crashes me from the game and shows the message: The game crashed whilst exception in server tick loop Error: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from MineTogetherServer (minetogetherserver) Exit Code: -1
    • The reason I have structured my mod like this is because when I first got into modding, which wasn't too long ago, I watched a tutorial to get started, and the person in the tutorial structured their mod like that, so that's just what I've been doing. What you said does make more sense to me, though, so I'll change up my structure to make more sense. As for the client package, I'm going to keep my PlayerSizeControl class in common because yes, there are client-sided things in the class like the renderPlayerEvent events, but there are other things that are non-client-sided like EntityEvent.size. I'm pretty sure client-sided means just rendering, correct?   Thanks, it would've taken me a long time to notice that I didn't assign any value to the pureTitan Boolean in my constructor. I'll also change my resource location to have no capitals.  
    • Good morning, one thing kept me busy thinking though, when you said:"What matters it he(is the?) amount of event subscribing methods.". Is there something like a recommended quantity of subscribed events for any range of PC specs? Something like an absolute "upper limit"? My mod is quite huge, and it's hard to unite some of its events under one event method.
    • I am creating a new custom boss. I want to make it immune to shulker bullets and explosions in general. There is another boss I created and I want it to be immune to ALL projectiles, even ones from other mods. Maybe using a tag. Does anyone know how to do it? Thank you in advance.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.