Adding new Achievement-system

Bedrock_Miner

hey mate!

I see that you asked a lot of similar questions lately and you are always mentioning that you will be back with lots of errors!

Wouldn't it be awesome if most of these errors where stuff you solved by yourself in a few minutes instead of having to wait ages for an answer?

wouldn't it be cool to know a lot more about how stuff works so that you can create truly awesome mods later and in a much faster time since most of the errors you are getting now will either not be a problem or you will be able to fix them yourself in a flash instead?

if that's the case, then I do recommend that you take a look at what I wrote to a guy over on the MCF.

Don't mind the rude attitude I had towards him in my post, the post is serious and I do believe it's a good path to follow for people whom wish to learn to create great minecraft mods: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1892328-need-a-highly-detailed-152-guide/

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

bahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha Mazetar you are my hero!!!! that post (on MFC) is awesome!!

people should reaaaally learn to code before starting to make mods

i didn't say anything :P

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

haha, that's awesome Mazetar! From my experience with the people asking for help on MCF you may just want to copy paste that to all (well most) of them.

I want to add a new achievement System to my Mod, similar to the "Thaumonomicum" in Thaumcraft.

I couldn't decompile Thaumcraft, so I'm asking this Question...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in Advance!  :D

I did something like this in my mod, not for achievements, but if you want to look at something for a reference you can look at the altar gui on my github, But the vanilla achievements page will help you out too (It's where most of my code came from, I just stripped out a lot of the unnecessary stuff). But do ALL the things Mazetar said first, that's probably your best bet if you don't have much of a background in programming.

Also make sure you understand any code FULLY before copying or recreating it, otherwise you WILL get errors and WILL NOT progress, should seem obvious but it's amazing how many people do it.

yagoki wasn't i the one who helped you out with this ? when you were having 1 texture always all white (yes  i admit you found the solution by yourself)

if i'm talking about the same thing, then yes i approve that its a very good example.

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

hey mate!

I see that you asked a lot of similar questions lately and you are always mentioning that you will be back with lots of errors!

Wouldn't it be awesome if most of these errors where stuff you solved by yourself in a few minutes instead of having to wait ages for an answer?

wouldn't it be cool to know a lot more about how stuff works so that you can create truly awesome mods later and in a much faster time since most of the errors you are getting now will either not be a problem or you will be able to fix them yourself in a flash instead?

if that's the case, then I do recommend that you take a look at what I wrote to a guy over on the MCF.

Don't mind the rude attitude I had towards him in my post, the post is serious and I do believe it's a good path to follow for people whom wish to learn to create great minecraft mods: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1892328-need-a-highly-detailed-152-guide/

OK, this page seems to be very useful... THX  :D

I'll come back in a few days time, first I travel from DE to GB on holiday ;D