Launching in direction looking?

GravityWolf

I am fairly new to making mods, and I am making an item that launches you up and sends you launching in the direction you are looking. Here is the code I am currently using to make the player launch up when they right click with the item:

@Override
public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack itemStack, World world, EntityPlayer player) {

player.motionY = 0.7;
	return itemStack;

}

Any ideas? Thanks!

my teleport spell uses thsi

double motionX = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin(player.rotationYaw/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * f);
	double motionZ = 20 * (double) (MathHelper.cos(player.rotationYaw	/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * f);
	double motionY = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin((player.rotationPitch)/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI) * f);

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

my teleport spell uses thsi

double motionX = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin(player.rotationYaw/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * f);
	double motionZ = 20 * (double) (MathHelper.cos(player.rotationYaw	/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * f);
	double motionY = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin((player.rotationPitch)/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI) * f);

On "* f" It gives me an error, are you using a variable that you had or something? It crashes when I use the item.

lolol, yes, its technily 0.4f but you could tottally remove it and it wouldnt change anything

Hmm..I put it in my onItemRightclick method and it does nothing...here is this code:

@Override
public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack itemStack, World world, EntityPlayer player) {

player.motionY = 0.7;
	double motionX = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin(player.rotationYaw/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	double motionZ = 20 * (double) (MathHelper.cos(player.rotationYaw	/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	double motionY = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin((player.rotationPitch)/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);

return itemStack;

}

Sorry about my noobishness, I am new to modding like I said  :P

Edit: Is Pi already in Eclipse/Forge/Minecraft, or is it another class you have? Same with MathHelper.

new to coding ?

ok lets take it step by step

double motionX = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin(player.rotationYaw/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	double motionZ = 20 * (double) (MathHelper.cos(player.rotationYaw	/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	double motionY = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin((player.rotationPitch)/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);

so heres my code, basicly it will calculate the translation on all 3 different axis

double motionX = 3;
double motionY = 3;
double motionZ = 3;

so this code would technicly tell the program

"yo btw i have 3 variable, one called motionX and value of 3, one called motionY and value of 3 and a last one called motionZ and value of 3"

now this does NOTHIGN on its own because all it says is  "hey i have these values" it doesnt do anythign with them

now lets take a look at your line of code

player.motionY = 0.7;

basicly this is saying to the program

"btw buddy, can you take the "player" and take a look at its "motionY" value, and while you're there can you assign it the value of 0.7"

now im going to write one of the 3 lines requires to make this work and youll write the 2 other

player.motionY = 0.7;
	double calculatedX= 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin(player.rotationYaw/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	double calculatedZ = 20 * (double) (MathHelper.cos(player.rotationYaw	/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	double calculatedY = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin((player.rotationPitch)/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	 player.motionY = calculatedY;
                 //another line of code for another axis
                 //another line of code for the last axis

return itemStack;

}

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

to negate fall damage do this: (based on hydro's code)

double calculatedX= 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin(player.rotationYaw/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);

double calculatedZ = 20 * (double) (MathHelper.cos(player.rotationYaw / 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);

double calculatedY = 20 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin((player.rotationPitch)/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);

player.fallDamage = 0.0F;

player.motionY = calculatedY;

//another line of code for another axis

//another line of code for the last axis

return itemStack;

}