A difference that I am confused on (1.7.10 to 1.17.x)

Naiakoa

So to keep this short, I am currently on updating my mod (after endless testing inhouse) to 1.17 before I fully release it as my team decided on, we have hit a bit of a snag and a bit stumped when it comes to calling rendered entities. As most obj are loaded simply via .json file how would one call it through in code to give the obj some movements and animation? For the first obj we are using we had it rotate by extending TileEntity overriding renderTileEntityAt, going through all BlockEntity we are unsure what the equivalent would be, any suggestions of what would be recommended for the mod to use this chunk of code? In short the specific object just rotates in place as it is a key temporary block to give players a specific buff/boost to fight some of the bosses in the mod if the players have a bit of a struggle during the combat. Also if a complete full documentation of something that lists X is now used as Z would be nice to have if existed. Thanks in advanced!

@Override
    public void renderTileEntityAt(TileEntity tileEntity, double x, double y, double z, float tick) {

yRotationAngle += tick * speed;
        speed = 5F;
        Ticks = tick * speed;

if (tileEntity instanceof TileHarkar) {
            TileHarkar tileHarkar = (TileHarkar) tileEntity;

/*                yRotationAngle ++ tick*speed;*/

GL11.glPushMatrix();

// Scale, Translate, Rotate
            GL11.glScalef(1.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F);
            GL11.glTranslatef((float) x + 0.5F, (float) y + 0.5F, (float) z + 0.5F);
            GL11.glRotatef(yRotationAngle, 0F, 0.01F, 0F);

// Bind texture
            this.bindTexture(Textures.Model_Harkar);
            FMLClientHandler.instance().getClient().renderEngine.bindTexture(Textures.Model_Harkar);

// Render
            modelHarkar.renderPart("Platonic");

GL11.glPopMatrix();

}
    }

A modder uses search for solutions, a coder asks for help only after looking into the main source of the game modding. A master java programmer has solutions and is helpful. Be friendly to others, they will be friendly to you (depending on how their day goes ;) )

4 hours ago, Naiakoa said:

Also if a complete full documentation of something that lists X is now used as Z would be nice to have if existed. Thanks in advanced!

One exists from the more recent 1.16 names to 1.17 via the bot on the Forge discord server.

But oh boy, you're coming from 1.7

You may as well throw everything you have in the trash and start from scratch as if you never modded before, relearning all the basics.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Yea, figured that out as much so far with a lot of things. So far that is the most thing I am stumped on as most obj files that was rendered in the past had some kind of movement GL effect to it. I might be on the forums trying to figure out other things I might end up being stumped on at this rate.

A modder uses search for solutions, a coder asks for help only after looking into the main source of the game modding. A master java programmer has solutions and is helpful. Be friendly to others, they will be friendly to you (depending on how their day goes ;) )

Its probably still possible, but animated stuff is not something I've ever messed with. Vanilla chests still work however they work, which might be worth seeing how it is coded. I know the TE Animation Forge thing...exists, but I don't know that it is complete or documented.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

I will check out how chests work and see if I can figure a couple things from that, meanwhile ignore the fact I just table flipped on setBlock doing one thing, but not with blockpos.offset wow this change from 1.7 to 1.17 is making me feel dumb Lol

Edit: yup nope lack of sleep derp for that Lol Oh well

Edited by Naiakoa
RIP sleep