Custom Block Rendering Based On NBT

7H3LaughingMan

I need help trying to figure a few things out and I figured I should ask this here. So I am working on my own mod and for one of my blocks it's going to have more then 16 types and so I am going to be categorizing the different types using NBT Data stored in the Tile Entities. However I need the individual types to have different looks based on the different types and if there is extra bits stored in the NBT. How would I got about having the block look for this information and choose different icons for the different sides based off NBT Data. I believe for the blocks being rendered when they are place within the world you would use getBlockTexture(), however to my understanding I would have to use custom Item Rendering to have the different appearances if the block is in one's inventory. Is there an example out there for this?