solved [1.16.5 - 36.2.0]ForgeFlowingFluid.Properties... slopFindDistance levelDecreasePerBlock missing

frakier

So it has been awhile... and I know my brain is like a sieve but...
I'm following a online tutorial on adding custom fluids and it goes ok up until this part...

they are using the old way of doing mappings and I'm using the new stuff [seriously considering swapping back as it makes most tutorials and videos a pain to follow as MS seems to have looked at the mapping in use and renamed everything with a contrarian attitude aimed at making things difficult]....anyway back on topic.

public static final ForgeFlowingFluid.Properties SLUDGE_PROPERTIES = new ForgeFlowingFluid.Properties(
			() -> ModFluids.SLUDGE_FLUID.get(),
			() -> ModFluids.SLUDGE_FLOWING.get(),
			FluidAttributes.builder(SLUDGE_STILL_RF, SLUDGE_FLOWING_RF)
			.density(15).luminosity(2).viscosity(5).sound(SoundEvents.LAVA_AMBIENT).overlay(SLUDGE_OVERLAY_RF)
			.color(0xbffed0d0)//color is //argb
			);

then they say add.

.slopeFindDistance(2).levelDecreasePerBlock(2)

but properties do not exist... so I go look at the code in ForgeFlowingFluid and those properties are there.. Like I said it has been awhile and maybe I'm overlooking some private somewhere but I did not see a problem.
So is it the mappings playing with me? Maybe I should go take a nap and come back with fresh eyes....
Any and all help appreciated.

Edited by frakier

• frakier changed the title to solved [1.16.5 - 36.2.0]ForgeFlowingFluid.Properties... slopFindDistance levelDecreasePerBlock missing

Solved... found the tutorial online to compare and...

public static final ForgeFlowingFluid.Properties SLUDGE_PROPERTIES = new ForgeFlowingFluid.Properties(
			() -> ModFluids.SLUDGE_FLUID.get(),
			() -> ModFluids.SLUDGE_FLOWING.get(),
			FluidAttributes.builder(SLUDGE_STILL_RF, SLUDGE_FLOWING_RF)
			.density(15).luminosity(2).viscosity(5).sound(SoundEvents.LAVA_AMBIENT).overlay(SLUDGE_OVERLAY_RF)
			.color(0xbffed0d0)//color is //argb
			).slopeFindDistance(2).levelDecreasePerBlock(2);

I missed the closing parenthesis before ).slopeFindDistance(2).levelDecreasePerBlock(2);
and just could not see it for the trees. The added problem of using the ms mappings and not knowing if it was that or if it was me did not help.

Edited by frakier