Cannot Launch Any Server

bradleybrand

So recently my untouched Forge servers have stopped working. They have worked in the past. The error, I do not understand. Can anyone help?

E:\Minecraft Servers\Forge Servers (Modded)\TEST>java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar modpack.jar -nogui
JVM info: Oracle Corporation - 17 - 17+35-LTS-2724
java.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
Exception in thread "main"
joptsimple.UnrecognizedOptionException: n is not a recognized option
        at joptsimple.OptionException.unrecognizedOption(OptionException.java:108)
        at joptsimple.OptionParser.validateOptionCharacters(OptionParser.java:633)
        at joptsimple.OptionParser.handleShortOptionCluster(OptionParser.java:528)
        at joptsimple.OptionParser.handleShortOptionToken(OptionParser.java:523)
        at joptsimple.OptionParserState$2.handleArgument(OptionParserState.java:59)
        at joptsimple.OptionParser.parse(OptionParser.java:396)
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.main(SimpleInstaller.java:89)

E:\Minecraft Servers\Forge Servers (Modded)\TEST>PAUSE
Press any key to continue . . .

56 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

yes you can replace "java" in the command line with the path to older java version

Thanks. An example to help others (I've increased the RAM):

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_301\bin\java.exe" -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar forge.jar nogui
PAUSE

I managed to download/install Java 8.

On my computer, I have been managing a server with various mods to test before uploading the mods to a G-Portal server. It's easier to fix server issues on your own computer than reuploading files.

Edited by bradleybrand