Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forge installer won't open. Tried several versions of java and opening via powershell, get this error log.

werstname

Hey all,

On a fresh install of windows and wanted to play some modded. Did the usual install of java but noticed that the forge installer for 1.12 wouldnt open. I also tried the .exe installer but that also was no help. I did some troubleshooting and tried installing a few versions of java i.e. the latest from oracle, an older version of java 16 and a couple of versions of OpenJDK. I came across a solution detailing how to use powershell to manually open the installer. However doing this results in this error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:78)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.Java6Gate.main(Java6Gate.java:48)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.ClientInstall.getSponsorMessage(ClientInstall.java:401)
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerAction.getSponsorMessage(InstallerAction.java:60)
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.updateFilePath(InstallerPanel.java:334)
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.<init>(InstallerPanel.java:315)
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.launchGui(SimpleInstaller.java:167)
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.main(SimpleInstaller.java:54)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 1 out of bounds for length 1
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.buildMirrorList(MirrorData.java:84)
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<init>(MirrorData.java:63)
        at net.minecraftforge.installer.MirrorData.<clinit>(MirrorData.java:17)
        ... 11 more

If anyone could provide some clues as to what this means i would gladly appreciate it. Cheers!