Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException Forge

A6X

Hello, so i've installed forge 1.12.2 for my ubuntu 20.04 LTS server but every time i run the forge.jar file i get the same error with different versions of java (8,11,16,17)

Spoiler

A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:70)
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• It doesn't work even if I remove every mod Please help
    • Hi, so I was making an item that sends info to the server to do some work, and I want the server to send the client back the results? How do I do that? Here is my code:   The snippet that sends the packet to the server SimpleChannelNetwork.CHANNEL.sendToServer(new CreateStructureCompass("fortress"));   The file that manage the traffic package io.github.bossmania.NetherandEndMaps.core.network; import io.github.bossmania.NetherandEndMaps.NetherandEndMaps; import io.github.bossmania.NetherandEndMaps.core.network.message.CreateStructureCompass; import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation; import net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkRegistry; import net.minecraftforge.fml.network.simple.SimpleChannel; public class SimpleChannelNetwork { public static final String NETWORK_VERSION = "0.1.0"; public static final SimpleChannel CHANNEL = NetworkRegistry.newSimpleChannel( new ResourceLocation(NetherandEndMaps.MOD_ID, "network"), () -> NETWORK_VERSION, version -> version.equals(NETWORK_VERSION), version -> version.equals(NETWORK_VERSION)); public static void init() { CHANNEL.registerMessage(0, CreateStructureCompass.class ,CreateStructureCompass::encode, CreateStructureCompass::decode, CreateStructureCompass::handle); } }   the code that handle the packet receive and where I want the server to send back a packet to the client package io.github.bossmania.NetherandEndMaps.core.network.message; import java.util.function.Supplier; import io.github.bossmania.NetherandEndMaps.common.items.TemporaryItem; import net.minecraft.entity.player.ServerPlayerEntity; import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack; import net.minecraft.network.PacketBuffer; import net.minecraft.util.math.BlockPos; import net.minecraft.world.gen.feature.structure.Structure; import net.minecraft.world.server.ServerWorld; import net.minecraftforge.fml.network.NetworkEvent; import net.minecraft.item.Item; import net.minecraft.item.ItemGroup; public class CreateStructureCompass { public String structureType; public CreateStructureCompass() { } //create the constructor and store the structureType public CreateStructureCompass(String structureType) { this.structureType = structureType; } //encode the message public static void encode(CreateStructureCompass message, PacketBuffer buffer) { buffer.writeString(message.structureType); } //decode the message public static CreateStructureCompass decode(PacketBuffer buffer) { return new CreateStructureCompass(buffer.readString()); } //execute function when message is sent to server public static void handle(CreateStructureCompass message, Supplier<NetworkEvent.Context> contextSupplier) { NetworkEvent.Context context = contextSupplier.get(); context.enqueueWork(() -> { //get the player and the server ServerPlayerEntity player = context.getSender(); ServerWorld SEWorld = player.getServerWorld(); //get the location of the structure BlockPos structureLocation = SEWorld.func_241117_a_(Structure.FORTRESS, player.getPosition(),100, false); //this is where I want the server to send structureLocation back to the player }); context.setPacketHandled(true); } }  
    • I cannot get an instance of MC Forge to run with either the vanilla launcher or GDLauncher, yet vanilla MC and Fabric MC work fine in both.  I am running the latest versions of everything, and no 1.18-compatible version of Forge will launch even though they all install without fail. Using the vanilla launcher I get exit code 0 and the following logs: Debug log Latest log With GDLauncher I get the following console output:  
    • In 1.15 and before, you could get the item being held/dragged by the cursor using PlayerInventory#getItemStack. This no longer seems to be the case. How do we do this now?
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.