[1.16.5] Save players inventories (serialization & deserialization)

RS785

Hello,

I'd like to serialize and deserialize players' inventories in order to have 1 inventory per dimension (Overworld, nether, end, my_custom_dimension).

I currently have the PlayerEvent.PlayerChangedDimensionEvent event set-up and the custom dimension, I don't know how could I serialize & deserialize the inventories.

I've already tried Gson without any success, it kept on crashing.

Thank you in advance for the help :)

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void onPlayerChangeDimension(PlayerEvent.PlayerChangedDimensionEvent event) {
        PlayerEntity p = event.getPlayer();

RegistryKey<World> from = event.getFrom();
        RegistryKey<World> to = event.getTo();

// Save the player's inventory (from)
        // . . .

// Retrieve the player's inventory (to)
        // . . .

}

Could you please send me some examples. I'm having a rough time trying to get it working.

I don't know why but I don't have: PlayerInventory#save(ListNBT)  nor PlayerInventory#load(ListNBT)

But instead: #write(CompoundNBT)  and #read(CompoundNBT)

I'm now facing an issue when serializing and deserializing, I better know how NBT works but when using Gson I can only serialize to a file which looks like this: 

{"mainInventory":[{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}}],"armorSlots":[{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}},{"tagMap":{"id":{"data":"minecraft:air"},"Count":{"data":1}}}]}

But when it comes to deserialization, Gson doesn't work...

I won't upload the full log but important bits I cannot understand:

[11:32:13.645] [Server thread/ERROR] [EventBus/EVENTBUS]: Exception caught during firing event: Unable to invoke no-args constructor for interface net.minecraft.nbt.INBT. Register an InstanceCreator with Gson for this type may fix this problem.
	Index: 1
	Listeners:
		0: NORMAL
		1: ASM: class com.example.examplemod.Event.PlayerEvents onPlayerChangeDimension(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/player/PlayerEvent$PlayerChangedDimensionEvent;)V
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to invoke no-args constructor for interface net.minecraft.nbt.INBT. Register an InstanceCreator with Gson for this type may fix this problem.
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Interface can't be instantiated! Interface name: net.minecraft.nbt.INBT

Thank you in advance, and sorry for the long waiting time.

I must serialize the NBTList into a String and then write it into a file.

How could I use NBT to save a file to a specified path?

I'd like to save the entire player class (position, inventory, effects, et cetera) for each dimensions.

Edited by RS785