[1.6.1] add item to players inventory?

KeeganDeathman

Hello again, I'm trying to set it up so that when you type in a certain code in a text field in my gui, it gives you some items. I've looked over the source code of a different mod that does something similar, it does the code thing, and it gives you a certain weapon if you wear certain armor. But when i try to do that, the text field stops working, any help with this?

Here's what I'm using to use to do it

protected void keyTyped(char par1, int par2, EntityPlayer player)
    {
        this.virtBtn.enabled = this.virtTextField.getText().trim().length() > 0;
        if (this.virtTextField.isFocused())
        {
            this.virtTextField.textboxKeyTyped(par1, par2);
            this.code = this.virtTextField.getText();
        }

if (par2 == 28)
        {
        	if(code.equals("WILLIAM"))
        	{
        		player.inventory.setInventorySlotContents(1, Lyoko.itemWilliamSword);
        	}
            this.actionPerformed(this.virtBtn);
        }
    }

tell me if you need any more code :)

[shadow=gray,left][glow=red,2,300]KEEGAN[/glow][/shadow]

Well, its kinda easy to see that your working on a code lyoko mod, esepcially since your the one whose code I'm referencing.  ;) . Anyway heres the link to my mod, http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1899645-ssp-and-smp162-forgecode-craft-the-code-lyoko-mod-for-the-best/#entry23450822

Anyway, i looked at your code for the tower console, and the armor, and combined the two. But when I add player.inventroy.setInventorySlotContents(1, new ItemStack(Lyoko.itemWilliamSword, 1) the text field does not work anymore. am i missing something?

in the code you have in your first post, you setting the slot to an item and not an item stack. try

player.inventory.setInventorySlotContents(1, new ItemStack(Lyoko.itemWilliamSword))

And I didn't know my mod was that popular. but if you need any help I'm willing to help you out.

tried it, and it didn't change anything. Still cant enter text with that function being called. Hmm, i wonder if im doing it wrong some how, heres my updated code:

{
        {
        }

if (par2 == 28)
        {
        	{
        		player.inventory.setInventorySlotContents(1, new ItemStack(Lyoko.itemWilliamSword));
        	}
        }
    }

Does this text box you have work the same (sorta) as a JTextField?

If it does, you can put a listener on it (or if you can, put the same kind of listener on it that gets called everytime you hit "return" or "enter") and execute the code via that listener. Then you do your check and such. And then clear the text field.

That should work everytime. Well, it does with a JTextField at any rate xD

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Okay so, let me think, I need to set up a packet is that it?

And mew im using a GuiTextField. So yeah. Im gonna try having it send a chat message to the player or something similar. So then i can see if its just the fact that im setting it up wrong. ell you what happens!

Okay so putting anything

{
Here
}

breaks the text field. So i must be setting it up wrong. If you need it heres my gui:

package codelyoko.Client;

import org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard;

import codelyoko.common.Lyoko;
import net.minecraft.client.gui.*;
import net.minecraft.client.resources.I18n;
import net.minecraft.entity.item.EntityItem;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.InventoryPlayer;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;

public class GuiSuperComputerInterface extends GuiScreen {
private GuiTextField virtTextField;
private GuiButton virtBtn;
private String code;

public GuiSuperComputerInterface(InventoryPlayer inv, TileEntitySuperComputerInterface tileEnity)
{
	code = "";
}

public void initGui()
    {
        Keyboard.enableRepeatEvents(true);
        this.buttonList.clear();
        this.buttonList.add(this.virtBtn = new GuiButton(1, this.width / 2 - 100, this.height / 4 + 96 + 12, I18n.func_135053_a("Virtulization!")));
        this.virtTextField = new GuiTextField(this.fontRenderer, this.width / 2 - 150, 60, 300, 20);
        this.virtTextField.setMaxStringLength(32767);
        this.virtTextField.setFocused(true);
    }
/**
 * Fired when a control is clicked. This is the equivalent of ActionListener.actionPerformed(ActionEvent e).
 */
protected void actionPerformed(GuiButton par1GuiButton)
{
	switch (par1GuiButton.id)
	{
	case 1:
		this.mc.displayGuiScreen((GuiScreen)null);
		this.mc.setIngameFocus();
		this.mc.sndManager.resumeAllSounds();
		break;
	}
}

/**
 * Fired when a key is typed. This is the equivalent of KeyListener.keyTyped(KeyEvent e).
 */
    {
        {
        }

if (par2 == 28)
        {
        	{

}
        }
    }
/**
 * Draws the screen and all the components in it.
 */
public void drawScreen(int par1, int par2, float par3)
{
	this.drawDefaultBackground();
	this.virtTextField.drawTextBox();
	super.drawScreen(par1, par2, par3);
}
}