[1.16.5] Difference in World#tickableBlockEntities and World#blockEntityList

Gr3atsaga

I'm curious if there is a difference in the two lists on the World object.  Specifically, are all the entities in blockEntityList tickable?  If not, how do I determine their tickable status?
And will these two lists be identical, unless acted upon by something else?

I.E. if I were to clear the list of tickableBlockEntities, can I trust that I can restore the list at a later time from blockEntityList?

I ask as I am trying to determine how to stop all tile entities on a server from ticking.  I have been successful at doing this at spawn in a new world by clearing the tickableBlockEntities list, however maybe there is a better/easier way to do it.

Edited by Gr3atsaga

World#tickableBlockEntities returns a List of all TileEntities which are an instance of ITickableTileEntity,
World#blockEntityList returns a List of all TileEntities which are in the World

can I trust that I can restore the list at a later time from blockEntityList?

you can copy the List into a World Capability, note: i'm not sure if you remove them from the List if they were also removed from the World

Edited by Luis_ST