Server Installer for Forge 1.12.2 is broken - Does not download all library files

Ultramoo

I understand that 1.12.2 is no longer supported, but can't you at least host the library files?

At this stage the Server Installer for Forge 1.12.2 (latest build and older builks) is broken - it doesn't download all the files even though it says it does (Client still works, server files don't)

I've tested on Linux installer and Windows installer, both are incomplete.

Forge 1.12.2 is still widely used by the community - if you no longer wish to host the files for it, can we, the community, host it for our community to download and use?

When running the installer:

23/10/2021 Found java version 1.8.0_292
23/10/2021 Target Directory: .
23/10/2021 Data kindly mirrored by CreeperHost at https://www.creeperhost.net/
23/10/2021 Extracting main jar:
23/10/2021   Extracted successfully
23/10/2021 Considering minecraft server jar
23/10/2021   Downloading library from https://launcher.mojang.com/v1/objects/886945bfb2b978778c3a0288fd7fab09d315b25f/server.jar
23/10/2021     Download completed: Checksum validated.
23/10/2021 Downloading libraries
23/10/2021 Considering library de.oceanlabs.mcp:mcp_config:1.12.2-20200226.224830@zip
23/10/2021   Downloading library from https://maven.creeperhost.net/de/oceanlabs/mcp/mcp_config/1.12.2-20200226.224830/mcp_config-1.12.2-20200226.224830.zip
23/10/2021     Download completed: Checksum validated.
23/10/2021 Considering library net.minecraftforge:forge:1.12.2-14.23.5.2855
23/10/2021   Extracting library from /maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.12.2-14.23.5.2855/forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2855.jar
23/10/2021     Extraction completed: Checksum validated.
23/10/2021 Building Processors
23/10/2021 The server installed successfully, you should now be able to run the file forge
You can delete this installer file now if you wish

Now I run Forge Server Jar:

23/10/2021 We appear to be missing one or more essential library files.
You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully.
23/10/2021 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:52)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:34)

I looked in the Library folder, it only has 2 folders and 2 files. Normally it has around 20 files.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Update your AMD/ATI drivers - get the drivers from their website - do not update via system  
    • As the title says i keep on crashing on forge 1.20.1 even without any mods downloaded, i have the latest drivers (nvidia) and vanilla minecraft works perfectly fine for me logs: https://pastebin.com/5UR01yG9
    • Hello everyone, I'm making this post to seek help for my modded block, It's a special block called FrozenBlock supposed to take the place of an old block, then after a set amount of ticks, it's supposed to revert its Block State, Entity, data... to the old block like this :  The problem I have is that the system breaks when handling multi blocks (I tried some fix but none of them worked) :  The bug I have identified is that the function "setOldBlockFields" in the item's "setFrozenBlock" function gets called once for the 1st block of multiblock getting frozen (as it should), but gets called a second time BEFORE creating the first FrozenBlock with the data of the 1st block, hence giving the same data to the two FrozenBlock :   Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=head] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@73681674 BlockEntityData : id:"minecraft:bed",x:3,y:-60,z:-6} Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=3, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=2, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} here is the code inside my custom "freeze" item :    @Override     public @NotNull InteractionResult useOn(@NotNull UseOnContext pContext) {         if (!pContext.getLevel().isClientSide() && pContext.getHand() == InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND) {             BlockPos blockPos = pContext.getClickedPos();             BlockPos secondBlockPos = getMultiblockPos(blockPos, pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos));             if (secondBlockPos != null) {                 createFrozenBlock(pContext, secondBlockPos);             }             createFrozenBlock(pContext, blockPos);             return InteractionResult.SUCCESS;         }         return super.useOn(pContext);     }     public static void createFrozenBlock(UseOnContext pContext, BlockPos blockPos) {         BlockState oldState = pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos);         BlockEntity oldBlockEntity = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? pContext.getLevel().getBlockEntity(blockPos) : null;         CompoundTag oldBlockEntityData = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? oldBlockEntity.serializeNBT() : null;         if (oldBlockEntity != null) {             pContext.getLevel().removeBlockEntity(blockPos);         }         BlockState FrozenBlock = setFrozenBlock(oldState, oldBlockEntity, oldBlockEntityData);         pContext.getLevel().setBlockAndUpdate(blockPos, FrozenBlock);     }     public static BlockState setFrozenBlock(BlockState blockState, @Nullable BlockEntity blockEntity, @Nullable CompoundTag blockEntityData) {         BlockState FrozenBlock = BlockRegister.FROZEN_BLOCK.get().defaultBlockState();         ((FrozenBlock) FrozenBlock.getBlock()).setOldBlockFields(blockState, blockEntity, blockEntityData);         return FrozenBlock;     }  
    • It is an issue with quark - update it to this build: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/quark/files/3642325
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.