[1.16.5] Can't think of a solution for this

cwJn

So i'm messing with the way damage calculation is done by hooking into the LivingHurt event. The problem is that to do this, I need to be able to set whether or not a DamageSource is able to be blocked by the vanilla armour stat. In net.minecraft.util.DamageSource, this is done by calling the constructor of a DamageSource object with .bypassArmor() or .bypassMagic(). However, some of the DamageSources, like thorns or fireball, are called via methods. I can change the DamageSources that are static fields via access transformers, but I can't think of a way to change the DamageSources that are called with methods. Is this just impossible, or is there some way I can do it?

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Subscribe to LivingAttackEvent. If the DamageSource is one that you want to change, cancel the event and then call LivingEntity#hurt with a changed DamageSource based on the original. You just have to ensure you don't enter an infinite loop here, because calling hurt will obviously fire LivingAttackEvent again and trigger your event handler.

Wouldn't this screw up the MobEntity doHurtTarget method though? I was looking through it, and it calls target.hurt(DamageSource.mobAttack(this)). It then checks this boolean result and if its true applies knockback and something to do with shields. If I cancelled the original attack event, wouldn't this boolean check always result false and mean entity attacks will never apply knockback?

You could try setting the original damage value to 0 and not cancelling it. Not 100% sure this'll work.

Or you could leaves the original damage alone and subtract off that amount from your desired amount and deal a second instance of damage.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.