[1.16.5] Block being placed with rotation

samjviana

8 hours ago, NinjaSenpai3773 said:

I don't understand what's actually wrong here. are you creating a mod and this is happening, or are you playing with a mod installed and it happens? Either way this should be found in blockstates.json or blockstates.txt represented by a number between 0-15

Sorry, i'm creating a mod.

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You probably specified multiple models in your blockstate json, then Minecraft will pick a random one based on block position.

The block has multiple models, with 1, 2 and 3 mushrooms, like so: 3DZolt5.png

but i still does'n get why is it that it appears in diferent directions when placed, i'll post the blockstate.json below. Actually was started to think that is some default mechanic of minecraft even the grass block has some "randomness" when placed, you can see this pushing it with an piston, right when it change it position, the block "rotates":

KzZ6wHQ.gif

{
    "variants": {
		"mushrooms=1": [
			{
				"model": "bunchofthings:block/yellow_mushroom"
			},
			{
				"model": "bunchofthings:block/yellow_mushroom",
				"y": 90
			},
			{
				"y": 180
			},
			{
				"y": 270
			}		
		],
		"mushrooms=2": [
			{
				"model": "bunchofthings:block/two_yellow_mushroom"
			},
			{
				"model": "bunchofthings:block/two_yellow_mushroom",
			},
			{
			},
			{
			}		
		],
		"mushrooms=3": [
			{
				"model": "bunchofthings:block/three_yellow_mushroom"
			},
			{
				"model": "bunchofthings:block/three_yellow_mushroom",
			},
			{
			},
			{
			}		
		]		
    }
}

20 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

For each of the three mushroom variants you are specifying four models, with rotations 0, 90, 180 and 270 around the y axis. Minecraft will pick a random one of these based on the location of the block.

can i override this? or at least get what is the current rotation.

Edited by samjviana

44 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Don't give it 4 models? :D

Create a new Random (or reuse one). Call Random#setSeed(long). The value is AbstractBlockState#getSeed(BlockPos). Then look at what WeightedBakedModel does with this Random instance to pick the actual model being rendered.

Oohhh, now i understand what you're mean with "multiple models" lol, the answer was on my face.
I'll edit to 1 model only, thanks

On 11/10/2021 at 10:15 AM, diesieben07 said:

Don't give it 4 models? :D

Create a new Random (or reuse one). Call Random#setSeed(long). The value is AbstractBlockState#getSeed(BlockPos). Then look at what WeightedBakedModel does with this Random instance to pick the actual model being rendered.

Sorry for bringing back this topic but can you explain better how i can get the current rotation of the block? I looked at WeightedBakedModel but i couldn't find/understand how can i get the current rotated baked model.

Don't know if i am missing something but i spent the last hours trying to understand how to use getWeightedItem(List<T> p_146315_, int p_146316_) (as in 1.17.1), by looking in 1.16 i can assume that are the models and p_146316_ are the weight.
The thing is that i could figure out how to get those values, but anyway, i'll give this up, and intead i'll rewrite the blockstate to use FACING, i think ... and HOPE, i will be better to work out.
thanks anyway

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements