Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

forge crashes on startup.

vovawolf

whenever i try to boot up forge it crashes immediately, there is no crash report. my mod file is empty and i have no other versions of forge or optifine installed, i have been having this problem for a long time and i dont know what to do, pls help.

I was playing vanilla MC 1.17.1 no problem until I decided to test some new mods, so I did as always did back in 1.7.10 and tried to install the lastest compatible Forge version (37.0.111) and, to my surprise, it crashes. I deleted the MC folder and reinstalled it. Nothing, the same crash. I deleted everything again and tried with a few earlier versions of Forge, with no success. I have no crash log and the Game Output tab in my laucher gives me only this:

WARNING: Unknown module: cpw.mods.securejarhandler specified to --add-exports
WARNING: Unknown module: cpw.mods.securejarhandler specified to --add-opens
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.module.FindException: Module org.objectweb.asm not found, required by org.openjdk.nashorn
    at java.base/java.lang.module.Resolver.findFail(Resolver.java:893)
    at java.base/java.lang.module.Resolver.resolve(Resolver.java:192)
    at java.base/java.lang.module.Resolver.resolve(Resolver.java:141)
    at java.base/java.lang.module.Configuration.resolveAndBind(Configuration.java:492)
    at java.base/java.lang.module.Configuration.resolveAndBind(Configuration.java:298)
    at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:83)

I tried to find org.objectweb.asm on Google but found nothing useful or MC related. HELP!