cmx2us

The problem is that when I put a mod in the mods folder it doesn't show up in the "Mods" section on the home screen of Minecraft.

Do you want to know why the mods don't show up in the "Mods" section on the home screen of Minecraft?

Out of those three mods, only Optifine was updated to 1.6.2 and you managed to screw that installation too.

So wait for your mods to be updated and, once again:

Read optifine install instructions.

EDIT: Found something interesting on your log:

2013-07-23 21:19:06 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Ignoring unknown file CameraStudioV2.8.5(mc1.5.2).lnk in mods directory
2013-07-23 21:19:06 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Ignoring unknown file OptiFine_1.6.2_HD_U_B4.lnk in mods directory
2013-07-23 21:19:06 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Found a candidate zip or jar file ShadersMod-2.00-mc1.5.2-ofud3.zip

For CameraStudio and OptiFine there are only shortcuts to the files and not the files themselves.

EDIT: Found something interesting on your log:

2013-07-23 21:19:06 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Ignoring unknown file CameraStudioV2.8.5(mc1.5.2).lnk in mods directory
2013-07-23 21:19:06 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Ignoring unknown file OptiFine_1.6.2_HD_U_B4.lnk in mods directory
2013-07-23 21:19:06 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Found a candidate zip or jar file ShadersMod-2.00-mc1.5.2-ofud3.zip

For CameraStudio and OptiFine there are only shortcuts to the files and not the files themselves.

that and the fact that hes trying to launch 2 mods from 1.5.2

Also, you don't put optifine in the mods folder.

You put it in the jar, after doing a whole ton of sorcery to make FML and minecraft not crash.

Which is why i told you to read the install instructions.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.