Tile Entities

calclavia

I have this tile entity that saves a certain amount of data. The problem is that when the player quits the game and joins back, all the data is lost. How can I make it so then it's like the chest and saves all the data within the tile entity? I tried ModLoader.registerTileEntity but every time when I run Minecraft it says skipping tile entity with ID. What does that mean?

The way to store information like this beyond quitting is to store it in NBTTagCompounds.

You can look at just about every Entity for examples of how they do this.

NBTTagCompounds persist after quitting because the game writes them to actual save file stored on disk.

I accidentally the everything then NullPointerException.

The way to store information like this beyond quitting is to store it in NBTTagCompounds.

NBTTagCompounds persist after quitting because the game writes them to actual save file stored on disk.

Is this NBTTag function used in networks?

Is this NBTTag function used in networks?

I wouldn't know if it the NBTTag data can be transferred directly over a network, but it's used on the server side for the same purpose; saving game data to disk.

If you need to pass the values over the network that's what packets are for. You send packets containing data back and forth between the client and server, and then you can act upon the received data.

I accidentally the everything then NullPointerException.