1.17.1 only culling certain faces

KaboomRoads

i have 2 voxel shapes but only getShape affects the occlusion. i need it to stay a full 16 by 16 by 16 cube though but that makes it occlude every side

@Override
	public VoxelShape getShape(BlockState state, BlockGetter worldIn, BlockPos pos, CollisionContext context) {
		return SHAPE;
	}

@Override
	public VoxelShape getCollisionShape(BlockState state, BlockGetter worldIn, BlockPos pos, CollisionContext context) {
		return COLLISION_SHAPE;
	}

11 minutes ago, KaboomRoads said:

i have 2 voxel shapes but only getShape affects the occlusion. i need it to stay a full 16 by 16 by 16 cube though but that makes it occlude every side

can you please explain what exactly do you mean, since i haven't understood your question?

12 minutes ago, Luis_ST said:

can you please explain what exactly do you mean, since i haven't understood your question?

how can i only cull one particular face when my block is next to another block

in this case i want only the top of the block below my block to be cullable and by that i mean i only want the bottom of my block to occlude

i want it to occlude similarly to slabs

my block culls the faces that are next to a block fine but if its next to itself it doesnt work because it has noOcclusion

also because it has noOcclusion it doesnt occlude the block beneath it

but if i remove noOcclusion it culls all faces next to it causing xray

the voxel shape causes this but i need the foxel shape to stay the same so that the block outline is a full block but the block collision is a half block

Edited by KaboomRoads

the only thing i could do so far is change the voxel shape to a slab shape or anything that isnt a full block but then the block outline is smaller and i need it to be a full block shape

as long as the block shape is a full block it occludes everything but if its only a full block side on one side it doesnt

Edited by KaboomRoads