Specifying potion type for input in brewing recipe

DerpyNinjaFrog

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to specify the type of potion for the input of a brewing recipe. I can get the recipe to work with the basic Items.POTION but then you can use any potion for the input. I think you have to use NBT data but what I have currently doesn't seem to be working (it simply won't let you brew the recipe at all). I've seen some people using a different way of creating brewing recipes by creating a implementation of IBrewingRecipe, do I need to do that or is there a way to do it the way I have it now and I'm just missing something? (I made a getPotion() function to get an instance of the potion ItemStack with the NBT tag for the type of potion)

package com.derpyninjafrog.worldoffood.init;

import com.derpyninjafrog.worldoffood.WorldOfFood;
import com.derpyninjafrog.worldoffood.effects.Nourished;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.item.Items;
import net.minecraft.item.crafting.Ingredient;
import net.minecraft.nbt.CompoundNBT;
import net.minecraft.potion.*;
import net.minecraftforge.common.brewing.BrewingRecipeRegistry;
import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.RegistryObject;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.FMLCommonSetupEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.registries.DeferredRegister;
import net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistries;

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(bus = Bus.MOD, modid = "world_of_food")
public class ModPotions {

public static final DeferredRegister<Effect> EFFECTS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.POTIONS, WorldOfFood.MOD_ID);
    public static final DeferredRegister<Potion> POTIONS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.POTION_TYPES, WorldOfFood.MOD_ID);

public static final RegistryObject<Effect> NOURISHED = EFFECTS.register("nourished", () -> new Nourished(EffectType.BENEFICIAL, 3087634));
    public static final RegistryObject<Potion> HOT_COCOA = POTIONS.register("hot_cocoa", () -> new Potion(new EffectInstance(NOURISHED.get(), 3600)));
    public static final RegistryObject<Potion> APPLE_JUICE = POTIONS.register("apple_juice", () -> new Potion(new EffectInstance(NOURISHED.get(), 3600)));
    public static final RegistryObject<Potion> APPLE_CIDER = POTIONS.register("apple_cider", () -> new Potion(new EffectInstance(NOURISHED.get(), 3600)));
    public static final RegistryObject<Potion> VINEGAR = POTIONS.register("vinegar", () -> new Potion(new EffectInstance(NOURISHED.get(), 3600)));

@SubscribeEvent
    public static void registerPotions(FMLCommonSetupEvent event) {
        event.enqueueWork( ()->
            BrewingRecipeRegistry.addRecipe(Ingredient.of(Items.POTION), Ingredient.of(Items.COCOA_BEANS), PotionUtils.setPotion(getPotion("minecraft:water"), HOT_COCOA.get()))
        );
        event.enqueueWork( ()->
            BrewingRecipeRegistry.addRecipe(Ingredient.of(Items.POTION), Ingredient.of(Items.APPLE), PotionUtils.setPotion(getPotion("minecraft:water"), APPLE_JUICE.get()))
        );
        event.enqueueWork( ()->
            BrewingRecipeRegistry.addRecipe(Ingredient.of(Items.POTION), Ingredient.of(Items.APPLE), PotionUtils.setPotion(getPotion("world_of_food:apple_juice"), APPLE_CIDER.get()))
        );
        event.enqueueWork( ()->
            BrewingRecipeRegistry.addRecipe(Ingredient.of(Items.POTION), Ingredient.of(Items.SUGAR), PotionUtils.setPotion(getPotion("world_of_food:apple_juice"), VINEGAR.get()))
        );
    }

public static ItemStack getPotion(String potion)
    {
        ItemStack itemstack = new ItemStack(Items.POTION);
        CompoundNBT tag = itemstack.getTag();
        tag.putString("Potion", potion);
        return itemstack;
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here's what I've come up with. For some reason, I can't put the potions in the brewing stand though, they're not recognized as ingredients, I guess. I think I need to initialize the super with something other than "null", but I don't know what to put there, it's expecting a Stream<IItemList>

package com.derpyninjafrog.worldoffood.init;

import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.item.Items;
import net.minecraft.item.crafting.Ingredient;
import net.minecraftforge.common.brewing.IBrewingRecipe;

import java.util.function.Predicate;

public class PotionIngredient extends Ingredient implements Predicate<ItemStack> {

String potion;

public PotionIngredient(String potion) {
        super(null);
        this.potion = potion;
    }

@Override
    public boolean test(ItemStack itemStack) {
        return itemStack.getTag().getString("Potion").equals(this.potion);
    }

@Override
    public Predicate<ItemStack> and(Predicate<? super ItemStack> other) {
        return Predicate.super.and(other);