I can't get the installer to open

Hamford

I'm actually having this same problem, i dont know if its happening the same way, but the forge installer won't boot. I have tried all the java boot files i could find, only one of them does something but closes down immidiately, no errors pop up, it just shuts down. I know its not something with the forge file so i have been looking for a tutorial of how to manually install forge, but have come up short.

It opens fine in winRAR, but every way ive seen on how to get it to run the installer has done nothing. I've run into a dead end here and the only thing i can think of is to use the universal, which as i said earlier, i dont know how to install correctly.

i downloaded and ran that program but it has done nothing to fix the problem, the only difference right now is that it now asks what i want to open it with. ive tried running it in cmd which says, "Error: Unable to access jarfile minecraftforge" (what i changed the name of the file to, to make it easier to put in.)

Give us detailed instructions on what you're doing seriously it shouldn't be this hard and manual installations a PITA.

You have to make sure to be in the same folder as the jar -.-

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Give us detailed instructions on what you're doing seriously it shouldn't be this hard and manual installations a PITA.

You have to make sure to be in the same folder as the jar -.-

well lex, you helped with that without really trying with this post after i read that i put the exact path into cmd (the one item i dont use often enough to know how to fully work it), and it worked. thank you.

Edit: and yes i know that it gets annoying seeing these topics, but im sorry for not fully understanding what i had to do. Thanks again! :D