Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Registering new block (1.17.1)


Worldmaster
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello. I decided to try to make a mod, but for some reason I stumbled at the very beginning.
How do I register a block for it to appear in the inventory? It seems that I'm trying to do it according to the manual, but only the procedure for registering new blocks is described there.

So I made a mod class. I registered the registration, but when I install it into the game, I do not see my block in the intent.

And I will also be grateful if you give a link to some kind of detailed manual. So that step by step it was described how what can be created. Thanks.

 

@Mod("examplemod")
public class ExampleMod {
	// Directly reference a log4j logger.
	private static final Logger LOGGER = LogManager.getLogger();

	private static final String MODID = "0.1";

	private static final DeferredRegister<Block> BLOCKS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.BLOCKS, MODID);

	public static final RegistryObject<Block> MyBlock = BLOCKS.register("mysuperblockreg",
			() -> new SuperBlock(BlockBehaviour.Properties.of(Material.WOOD).lightLevel((s) -> {
				return 1;
			}).sound(SoundType.WOOD)));
	
	public ExampleMod() {

		// Register the setup method for modloading
		FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus().addListener(this::setup);
		// Register the enqueueIMC method for modloading
		FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus().addListener(this::enqueueIMC);
		// Register the processIMC method for modloading
		FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus().addListener(this::processIMC);

		BLOCKS.register(FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus());

		// Register ourselves for server and other game events we are interested in
		MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(this);

	}

	private void setup(final FMLCommonSetupEvent event) {
		// some preinit code
		LOGGER.info("HELLO FROM PREINIT");
		LOGGER.info("DIRT BLOCK >> {}", Blocks.DIRT.getRegistryName());
	}

	private void enqueueIMC(final InterModEnqueueEvent event) {
		// some example code to dispatch IMC to another mod
		InterModComms.sendTo("examplemod", "helloworld", () -> {
			LOGGER.info("Hello world from the MDK");
			return "Hello world";
		});
	}

	private void processIMC(final InterModProcessEvent event) {
		// some example code to receive and process InterModComms from other mods
		LOGGER.info("Got IMC {}",
				event.getIMCStream().map(m -> m.messageSupplier().get()).collect(Collectors.toList()));
	}

	// You can use SubscribeEvent and let the Event Bus discover methods to call
	@SubscribeEvent
	public void onServerStarting(FMLServerStartingEvent event) {
		// do something when the server starts
		LOGGER.info("HELLO from server starting");
	}

	// You can use EventBusSubscriber to automatically subscribe events on the
	// contained class (this is subscribing to the MOD
	// Event bus for receiving Registry Events)
	@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.MOD)
	public static class RegistryEvents {
		@SubscribeEvent
		public static void onBlocksRegistry(final RegistryEvent.Register<Block> blockRegistryEvent) {
			// register a new block here
			LOGGER.info("HELLO from Register Block");
		}

	}
}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Worldmaster said:

Hello. I decided to try to make a mod, but for some reason I stumbled at the very beginning.
How do I register a block for it to appear in the inventory? It seems that I'm trying to do it according to the manual, but only the procedure for registering new blocks is described there.

you need to register a BlockItem for it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, Luis_ST said:

you need to register a BlockItem for it

Thanks. But I thought they would help me decide on the code. ((( 

 

As a result, I figured it out myself.

 

private static final DeferredRegister<Item> ITEMS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.ITEMS, MODID);
  
  public static final RegistryObject<BlockItem> MyBlockItem = ITEMS.register("mysuperblockreg",
			() -> new BlockItem(testBlock, new Item.Properties().tab(CreativeModeTab.TAB_BUILDING_BLOCKS)));

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Worldmaster said:

Thanks. But I thought they would help me decide on the code. ((( 

 

As a result, I figured it out myself.

 

private static final DeferredRegister<Item> ITEMS = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.ITEMS, MODID);
  
  public static final RegistryObject<BlockItem> MyBlockItem = ITEMS.register("mysuperblockreg",
			() -> new BlockItem(testBlock, new Item.Properties().tab(CreativeModeTab.TAB_BUILDING_BLOCKS)));

 

Registering in static fields isn't ideal. You have a method that registers your deferred register to the event bus, right? leave your RegistryObject fields as non-final and empty, and set their reference in that method, right after registering the deferred register on the bus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, matthew123 said:

Registering in static fields isn't ideal. You have a method that registers your deferred register to the event bus, right? leave your RegistryObject fields as non-final and empty, and set their reference in that method, right after registering the deferred register on the bus.

no, the way he use it's the way to go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.